DIfferent IPs

Report bugs here... and look for quick fixes
yrego

DIfferent IPs

Post by yrego » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Hey i tried wifikill at home and it worked pretty good and i was on 4.0.3. The only thing is that it would constantly cause my phone to restart. So i thought i would downgrade to gingerbread to try it out at school so right now I'm running gingerbread (rooted) and whenever i try to use the app i gets a bunch of IP addresses but they all start with 141.117.178.xxx while on my computer the current IP is 141.117.175.xxx. Dunno if its a bug or I'm just doing something wrong but whenever i kill all it says there all stopped but i can still access the internet and use it fine.

Thanks

ponury

Re: DIfferent IPs

Post by ponury » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:23 pm

yrego wrote:Hey i tried wifikill at home and it worked pretty good and i was on 4.0.3. The only thing is that it would constantly cause my phone to restart. So i thought i would downgrade to gingerbread to try it out at school so right now I'm running gingerbread (rooted) and whenever i try to use the app i gets a bunch of IP addresses but they all start with 141.117.178.xxx while on my computer the current IP is 141.117.175.xxx. Dunno if its a bug or I'm just doing something wrong but whenever i kill all it says there all stopped but i can still access the internet and use it fine.

Thanks
May be some subnet error. Could you send me a debug/logcat?

yrego

Post by yrego » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:43 am

Umm how would I do that? lol

olyd88

Post by olyd88 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:24 am

Yrego, you can download Logcat apps at Android Market.

yrego

Post by yrego » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:06 pm

olyd88 wrote:Yrego, you can download Logcat apps at Android Market.
Oh ok. I just downloaded aLogcat. Not sure how to use it though

olyd88

Post by olyd88 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:33 pm

yrego wrote:
Ok,if you were using FaceNiff and got any error message on screen.
2.Go to Logcat.Launch it and type on the box(logcat search) type "FaceNiff" or you can click for the shown "FaceNiff" log when you press "F".
3.So now when all the logs shown up in the screen just go to menu,and click save.it will save in your sdcard as a text or txt..
4.log in back to this forum and just go to your sdcard directory and find the saved txt. Copy it and now you can past it here.:).good luck!

yrego

Post by yrego » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:55 pm

olyd88 wrote:
yrego wrote:
Ok,if you were using FaceNiff and got any error message on screen.
2.Go to Logcat.Launch it and type on the box(logcat search) type "FaceNiff" or you can click for the shown "FaceNiff" log when you press "F".
3.So now when all the logs shown up in the screen just go to menu,and click save.it will save in your sdcard as a text or txt..
4.log in back to this forum and just go to your sdcard directory and find the saved txt. Copy it and now you can past it here.:).good luck!
Alright thanks a lot! I got it to work.
ponury wrote:
yrego wrote:Hey i tried wifikill at home and it worked pretty good and i was on 4.0.3. The only thing is that it would constantly cause my phone to restart. So i thought i would downgrade to gingerbread to try it out at school so right now I'm running gingerbread (rooted) and whenever i try to use the app i gets a bunch of IP addresses but they all start with 141.117.178.xxx while on my computer the current IP is 141.117.175.xxx. Dunno if its a bug or I'm just doing something wrong but whenever i kill all it says there all stopped but i can still access the internet and use it fine.

Thanks
May be some subnet error. Could you send me a debug/logcat?
I sent you a PM

ponury

Post by ponury » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:07 pm

It looks like your network is just that big and you are killing devices from the start of the subnet :D I don't know whether they are a different building or something. You could specify the range of the search & destroy in settings.

yrego

Post by yrego » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:31 pm

ponury wrote:It looks like your network is just that big and you are killing devices from the start of the subnet :D I don't know whether they are a different building or something. You could specify the range of the search & destroy in settings.
Oh alright Ill try that. Thanks!

louisbritt

Post by louisbritt » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Did that work with you??