Overloaded

Report bugs here... and look for quick fixes
aeppacher

Overloaded

Post by aeppacher » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:47 am

Okay, so here is a question. Can you only have a certain amount of devices being mirrored to you. For instance. My university is likes to apply the whole quantity over quality which screwed us over doubly when it meant too many students on shitty routers. Here's my problem. I end up connecting to my wifi and it starts getting all the devices, it never actually makes it the whole way however, because (at about 600-1000 ip's) it crashes. I was wondering if there is a way to systematically search for an ip and disregard/toss away the others to prevent my AT&T GSIII from being overloaded (if this is what is happening).

Also, whenever I attach to an ip that I recognize, I kill it to no avail. The person I am trying to kick happily frolicks continually in the world of the internets. Does the app need to first pull every ip on the router before it can start killing? If so can we please work on a size limiting thing, like say 200 ips. You want more, you throw the ones you don't want away, and it imports the next ones til you hit the 200 cap? Great work otherwise, I can't wait to get some use out of it. This will be a great purchase I hope.

ponury

Re: Overloaded

Post by ponury » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:20 am

aeppacher wrote:Okay, so here is a question. Can you only have a certain amount of devices being mirrored to you. For instance. My university is likes to apply the whole quantity over quality which screwed us over doubly when it meant too many students on shitty routers. Here's my problem. I end up connecting to my wifi and it starts getting all the devices, it never actually makes it the whole way however, because (at about 600-1000 ip's) it crashes. I was wondering if there is a way to systematically search for an ip and disregard/toss away the others to prevent my AT&T GSIII from being overloaded (if this is what is happening).

Also, whenever I attach to an ip that I recognize, I kill it to no avail. The person I am trying to kick happily frolicks continually in the world of the internets. Does the app need to first pull every ip on the router before it can start killing? If so can we please work on a size limiting thing, like say 200 ips. You want more, you throw the ones you don't want away, and it imports the next ones til you hit the 200 cap? Great work otherwise, I can't wait to get some use out of it. This will be a great purchase I hope.
The problem with big networks and hang you describe is going to be fixed soon (I don't have a big network in my house so it's not so obvious to test). But, university networks often use WPA-EAP which sometimes applies client isolation which renders wifikill useless :-) Probably that's what you are experiencing.

aeppacher

Post by aeppacher » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:10 am

I am not sure what it going on, but I believe it works in part except for the fact that the 40,000 computers on our network overload it. The reason I believe this is that once, when the network was relatively empty (this was at 3 am) I managed to grab an ip and for the first time the "Up" data went to 20b and then 40b before it crashed. I am just hoping that with a limit on how many ip's to grab, that it will work fully. Also a select this ip feature would be great for universities like mine. Rather than surf through thousands of results, just type in an ip that it pulls up and leaves the rest alone. Looking forward to some updates

ponury

Post by ponury » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:14 am

aeppacher wrote:I am not sure what it going on, but I believe it works in part except for the fact that the 40,000 computers on our network overload it. The reason I believe this is that once, when the network was relatively empty (this was at 3 am) I managed to grab an ip and for the first time the "Up" data went to 20b and then 40b before it crashed. I am just hoping that with a limit on how many ip's to grab, that it will work fully. Also a select this ip feature would be great for universities like mine. Rather than surf through thousands of results, just type in an ip that it pulls up and leaves the rest alone. Looking forward to some updates
That is a not bad idea :-)

demistang1

Post by demistang1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:38 pm

wen is faceniff 2.1b going to work on the galaxy S3.
it won't start up by me. i get only a black screen.
please help me?

ponury

Post by ponury » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:01 am

demistang1 wrote:wen is faceniff 2.1b going to work on the galaxy S3.
it won't start up by me. i get only a black screen.
please help me?
Wrong thread. In a few days.