Scan by subnet

Here you could request a feature you would like to see in WifiKill
imasonaz

Scan by subnet

Post by imasonaz » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:54 am

So far, WiFiKill has been a very nice and easy to use program. Thank you for making this. In the few days I've used it, I have come up with a couple things I think would be nice additions.

The first I think should be easy:
when scanning, has a setting that would scan by subnet. So, scanning would be automatic, and wouldallow for scanning of wider ranges, etc. But you could scan in the form 10.0.1.0/24 or 10.0.1.0 255.255.0.0 to allow for more advanced scans.
Second:
add a quick button to stop scans while they are running, and stop the auto-refresh (maybe a check box to enable auto-refresh?) My reasoning for this is I would only be interested in clients currently connected, and I have had a couple times when the app crashes during auto-refresh.
Third:
Possibly add the option to scan by vendor, instead of just by IP of MAC, but large vendors don't always have the same blocks of MACs.

Thank you again

ponury

Re: Scan by subnet

Post by ponury » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:07 am

imasonaz wrote:So far, WiFiKill has been a very nice and easy to use program. Thank you for making this. In the few days I've used it, I have come up with a couple things I think would be nice additions.

The first I think should be easy:
when scanning, has a setting that would scan by subnet. So, scanning would be automatic, and wouldallow for scanning of wider ranges, etc. But you could scan in the form 10.0.1.0/24 or 10.0.1.0 255.255.0.0 to allow for more advanced scans.
Second:
You can narrow IP range in settings. Widening it wouldn't make much sense because this app would only work on the subnet you are in.
imasonaz wrote:add a quick button to stop scans while they are running, and stop the auto-refresh (maybe a check box to enable auto-refresh?)
Touch the "search" label and it will stop.
imasonaz wrote:My reasoning for this is I would only be interested in clients currently connected, and I have had a couple times when the app crashes during auto-refresh.
Send a catlog of crash :-)
imasonaz wrote:Third:
Possibly add the option to scan by vendor, instead of just by IP of MAC, but large vendors don't always have the same blocks of MACs.

Thank you again
Scan by vendor you mean only find devices from one vendor? Don't see any use of that actually.