It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:31 pm Advanced search

redirect options

Here you could request a feature you would like to see in WifiKill

redirect options

Postby haet » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:55 am

First of all, thank you for your great work. This app is excellent!

Would it be possible to implement more options in the redirect such as a custom port option? I'd like to forward to a local page on the phone but there is a problem with iptables and thus I cannot do a reroute and redirect in console to use servdroid.

Thanks again for your work!
haet

Re: redirect options

Postby ponury » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm

haet wrote:First of all, thank you for your great work. This app is excellent!

Would it be possible to implement more options in the redirect such as a custom port option? I'd like to forward to a local page on the phone but there is a problem with iptables and thus I cannot do a reroute and redirect in console to use servdroid.

Thanks again for your work!

I'll add that in new version.
ponury

Postby haet » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:09 am

Awesome! I'll make a donation Friday!
haet

Re: New version

Postby dreaman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:29 am

When a new version will come up ?

Best Regards
dreaman

Not working properly

Postby dreaman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:50 am

I am on JB 4.1.1 with my Galaxy S3 I9300.
Installed all according instructions - Reinstalled Super SU from Google store, Donated and then Downloaded WifiKill through WifiKill Downloader.
up:0 down:0 - up is always "0", while down sometimes becomes 40, 80, 120, 240 etc. ?
Even if I grab an user - never have anything in the right pane like which sites visited etc. ?

IS that normal ? Am I not supposed to see the sites those users connect to in the right pane ?
OR isn't it supposed to show up/down traffic of the users instead of up:0 and down:almost frozen ?

Best Regards
dreaman

Re: Not working properly

Postby ponury » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:02 am

dreaman wrote:I am on JB 4.1.1 with my Galaxy S3 I9300.
Installed all according instructions - Reinstalled Super SU from Google store, Donated and then Downloaded WifiKill through WifiKill Downloader.
up:0 down:0 - up is always "0", while down sometimes becomes 40, 80, 120, 240 etc. ?
Even if I grab an user - never have anything in the right pane like which sites visited etc. ?

IS that normal ? Am I not supposed to see the sites those users connect to in the right pane ?
OR isn't it supposed to show up/down traffic of the users instead of up:0 and down:almost frozen ?

Best Regards

It depends, it works for some users and not for others. In general if you can kill the device then you should be able to grab them. Oh, and if the device is killed then websites grabbing doesn't work.
ponury

Postby dreaman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Can't make sure if the app kills others for some reasons.
Then presuming ... if doesn't grab (although it says it does) then maybe it doesn't kill either...

I used to have WiFiKill 1.7 and it worked as a charm, then decided to purchase the 1.3 version which looked more advanced, but I see this is a mistake now! Why later version would be worse than previous or not working at all ? My set up is pretty common and popular nowadays: latest International Galaxy I9300 with latest Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1. Is there a chance a working app will be developed for it ? Then also the purchase looks like a waste...
dreaman

Postby ponury » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 pm

dreaman wrote:Can't make sure if the app kills others for some reasons.
Then presuming ... if doesn't grab (although it says it does) then maybe it doesn't kill either...

I used to have WiFiKill 1.7 and it worked as a charm, then decided to purchase the 1.3 version which looked more advanced, but I see this is a mistake now! Why later version would be worse than previous or not working at all ? My set up is pretty common and popular nowadays: latest International Galaxy I9300 with latest Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1. Is there a chance a working app will be developed for it ? Then also the purchase looks like a waste...

WiFiKill 1.7 was for android 2.x
Since I've rewritten a hell lot of code to make it work on android 4.x I've decided to start numbering from 1. Which was a mistake and caused a hell lot of trouble, that's why I'll change the version to 2.something in next version. Since the new wifikill (1.3 is latest) is completely rewritten it doesn't have all features yet but I am working on it. I am alone in this and it takes time and I do it in my spare time. You could've tried the free version first.
ponury

Postby dreaman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 am

Well I will be waiting for an update hoping that it will work on my Galaxy S3 JellyBean Android 4.1.1. Not sure is it the ROM or is it the system/phone that is incompatible with 1.3. I hoped you might have idea where is the problem .
dreaman

Re: SG S3 JB 4.1.1 compatibility

Postby dreaman » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:25 pm

After yesterday realized that 1.3 on my S3 worked on certain random routers in public.
However it looked useless on the one (Cisco) we have on my working place.
Browsing random public WiFi's I finally got users grabbed and displayed visited web sites.
There must be a list of routers or other reasons WiFiKill doesn't work with.

Thank you!
dreaman

Next

Return to Requests