Device type

Here you could request a feature you would like to see in WifiKill
dforce10

Device type

Post by dforce10 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Is it possible to add the ability to see the device type as well?

ponury

Re: Device type

Post by ponury » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:19 pm

What do you mean by "device type" ?

Edgee

Post by Edgee » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:16 pm

I am not sure if he mean it as I do... I think he thought mobile/laptop... maybe it would be possible to recognize it through the fact that mobiles are somehow "encrypted" so you are not able to "Faceniff" them

dforce10

Post by dforce10 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:08 pm

The way PCs or phones are listed is by their network adapter. I wanted to know if it's possible to tell for example if it is possible to display info like make e.g. Dell or Samsung etc. There are devices connecting to my network I would like to block but I don't know what network adapter their using just the manufacturer of the PC, mobile. If this could be added it would be great.

ponury

Post by ponury » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:11 pm

dforce10 wrote:The way PCs or phones are listed is by their network adapter. I wanted to know if it's possible to tell for example if it is possible to display info like make e.g. Dell or Samsung etc. There are devices connecting to my network I would like to block but I don't know what network adapter their using just the manufacturer of the PC, mobile. If this could be added it would be great.
The simple answer would be - No.

The approximation is however possible but it would increase code complication by an order of magnitude and I really wouldn't want to do that. More errors would pop up.