OLD WiFiKill for android 2.x release thread [discontinued]

Ask for help, look for common problems and read Frequently Asked Questions!
ponury

Re: WiFiKill release thread

Post by ponury » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Xlythe wrote:Is it possible to get a distance of the device from the phone? So IP 192.168.1.1 is ~1m away, IP 192.168.1.2 is ~15m away? Even if its vague and finicky, it'd be another way of identifying a computer w/o knowing its IP address (which are usually randomly generated on startup anyway).

Awesome app. [:
IMO it's not possible, and even if it's possible it would take a lot time to code and I'm alone with this :)

hlladxxt_g

Post by hlladxxt_g » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Any idea how to get this to work in a Starbucks. Went there to test, and it found 0 people.

Edit: Ignore this post. :ugeek:
Last edited by hlladxxt_g on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilEdenX

Post by EvilEdenX » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks but can't see the link???

ponury

Post by ponury » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:37 pm

EvilEdenX wrote:Thanks but can't see the link???
Look under the "current release"

ltsune

Post by ltsune » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:16 am

I both have the donation version and the free version. I am not able to find ANYTHING on any of the versions of the app, though. Yes, my phone is rooted.
I'm using the HTC Desire. And yes, I'm sure there are plenty people on the network.
Besides, the application seems to work really really slow. Like, whenever I press "Menu" it takes a couple of seconds for the menu to pop-up. This is the only application acting like that.
Any solutions/help?

ps. Can I somehow "force" it to search for devices? Can't seem to find that option.

mjl99

Post by mjl99 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:41 pm

Im thinking this app only works on certain networks for those of you that cant get it to work. this works just fine for me on my home network and at work as well where there is a public wifi. last night i stopped at a local barnes and noble to pick something up and couldnt get it to show any devices using the newest release. not sure if its the way their public wifi is configured that stops this app from detecting anything but apps like droidsheep gave me detections when i turned that on. im not too familiar with the way networks work so someone else might be able to make sense of it better to me.

grabshell

Post by grabshell » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:08 pm

never had any problems with this program. it really worked great on my SGS2...

ltsune

Post by ltsune » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:45 pm

mjl99 wrote:Im thinking this app only works on certain networks for those of you that cant get it to work. this works just fine for me on my home network and at work as well where there is a public wifi. last night i stopped at a local barnes and noble to pick something up and couldnt get it to show any devices using the newest release. not sure if its the way their public wifi is configured that stops this app from detecting anything but apps like droidsheep gave me detections when i turned that on. im not too familiar with the way networks work so someone else might be able to make sense of it better to me.
Yeah, I see. Well, it's just irritating to have paid for the app and find out that I cannot actually use it for anything.
Maybe the developer could look into this issue?

ponury

Post by ponury » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:51 pm

ltsune wrote:
mjl99 wrote:Im thinking this app only works on certain networks for those of you that cant get it to work. this works just fine for me on my home network and at work as well where there is a public wifi. last night i stopped at a local barnes and noble to pick something up and couldnt get it to show any devices using the newest release. not sure if its the way their public wifi is configured that stops this app from detecting anything but apps like droidsheep gave me detections when i turned that on. im not too familiar with the way networks work so someone else might be able to make sense of it better to me.
Yeah, I see. Well, it's just irritating to have paid for the app and find out that I cannot actually use it for anything.
There's a free version to test! If it didn't work for you why have you bought it? Also mjl99 is correct. Some open networks isolate each device so the attack won't be possible.

ltsune

Post by ltsune » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:54 pm

ponury wrote:
ltsune wrote:
There's a free version to test! If it didn't work for you why have you bought it? Also ltsune is correct. Some open networks isolate each device so the attack won't be possible.
Didn't complain that I paid for the app. Was simply expressing that it's always sad to find out.
Paid for it because your forum was down when I tried to find it :)
Anyway, I guess I'll try some other networks then. Thanks for the reply.