Recently bought old version on SlideMe...

Ask for help, look for common problems and read Frequently Asked Questions!
milan

Recently bought old version on SlideMe...

Post by milan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:35 am

Hi,

I recently bought old version on SlideMe service.
Why can't I update to later version?
Please help!

Thanx

ponury

Re: Recently bought old version on SlideMe...

Post by ponury » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:56 am

milan wrote:Hi,

I recently bought old version on SlideMe service.
Why can't I update to later version?
Please help!

Thanx
Do you have android 4.x or 2.x?

milan

Post by milan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:20 pm

I have android 4.1.2

ponury

Post by ponury » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:22 am

milan wrote:I have android 4.1.2
If you read the description on the slideme market it's only for android 2.x and you should not buy it if you want 4.x. They are different apps and you cannot 'transfer' the licence.

milan

Post by milan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:06 pm

thing is SlideMe service said that APP is compatible with my device...

App is runing but does nothing on routers(no disonnection of other wifi users), and when closing the app it crashes the phone (restart).

Anyway if you are fair, you would transfer my license to new version. Afterall majority apps on android are lifetime registered on any number of andorid devices with single purchase of the app including updates. I don't think it is fair to make updated version of WIFIKILL just so you can charge it all over again.

Cheers!

ponury

Post by ponury » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:48 am

milan wrote:thing is SlideMe service said that APP is compatible with my device...

App is runing but does nothing on routers(no disonnection of other wifi users), and when closing the app it crashes the phone (restart).

Anyway if you are fair, you would transfer my license to new version. Afterall majority apps on android are lifetime registered on any number of andorid devices with single purchase of the app including updates. I don't think it is fair to make updated version of WIFIKILL just so you can charge it all over again.

Cheers!
The thing is that I had to start a company. Old wifikill is sold "privately" if you might say so. New one is on company (paranoid.me ltd.) so i can't transfer old invoices because they are nonexistent for the new company.

milan

Post by milan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:35 am

I understand your problem, but in that case you name of the App should be changed as well. Since previous company holds the right and property of the App's name.
So if you are still using the WIFIKILL name it means you got the rights and property of the App which means you should have transferred users and accounts to a new company. So in other words you just don't care. :?:

I am not cheap, but I don't like being lied to or robbed even if it is 5$/€ whatever.
Since I can't test your software other than to see who is connected to one router... I will get cracked app for free :idea: and if it works I still won't buy the new version as I believe I have the right to get licensed copy.

Cheers!

Compiz

Post by Compiz » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:50 am

milan wrote:I understand your problem, but in that case you name of the App should be changed as well. Since previous company holds the right and property of the App's name.
So if you are still using the WIFIKILL name it means you got the rights and property of the App which means you should have transferred users and accounts to a new company. So in other words you just don't care. :?:

I am not cheap, but I don't like being lied to or robbed even if it is 5$/€ whatever.
Since I can't test your software other than to see who is connected to one router... I will get cracked app for free :idea: and if it works I still won't buy the new version as I believe I have the right to get licensed copy.

Cheers!
I believe you are wrong here.
Companies that have never changed name or software name they charge you again and again from app version 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 and so on.
An example. You buy fifa 2012, will fifa 2013 be free? Nope you have to pay it again! Its still E.A. and its still Fifa the same game you got last year but still they ask for your 49,99euro.

Also wifikill v2 was on sale for long time for very low price and its been months since its out.
Its was impossible not to see the forum topics about the wifikill for android 4.xx and the old one for android 2.xx so kinda its your fault for this mistake....

Not that anyone asked but i would pay this amazing app 2 times or even more in order to support its development and its developer. I wouldn't bankrupt for 5 or 10 euro nor Ponury would become rich and forget his project :P

Anyway cheers everybody :)

ponury

Post by ponury » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:15 pm

milan wrote:I understand your problem, but in that case you name of the App should be changed as well. Since previous company holds the right and property of the App's name.

Cheers!
Good luck, I actually took a look at one cracked version and it was sending some accounts data outside :-) Let me just remind you that root apps have complete power over the device, they can grab passwords you have saved on your device, grab keystrokes and much more :-)

doggie

Post by doggie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Where can I get this cracked version? I like analyzing malware.