Results and naming mac/ip

Ask for help, look for common problems and read Frequently Asked Questions!
Calz

Results and naming mac/ip

Post by Calz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:46 pm

hello

Use the app and noticed that when the list comes up with results,i get an odd one that is not the same as the local connection.
Example:
43.86.67.01 (not my actual ip,just example)
192.168.2 etc.
192.168.4 etc
Now the first set of numbers turns up too be my ip(whois) where is this located is it my actual router ?.I have tried too kill it but as far as i could tell nothing happened.
The second numbers are of the network id for whos online using the wireless connection.

so basically my question is why does the first result always show my ip and what is it,also if it is my router why will it not kill it.

I try to explain the best i can im not too pc knowledgeable im afraid.
Next thing is can the added names be save for example i long hold mac too input name of user but when i restart app i have too do it again is there a way too save the name too the mac that's shown.

again sorry for explaining i tried me best.

ponury

Re: Results and naming mac/ip

Post by ponury » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:56 pm

Calz wrote:hello

Use the app and noticed that when the list comes up with results,i get an odd one that is not the same as the local connection.
Example:
43.86.67.01 (not my actual ip,just example)
192.168.2 etc.
192.168.4 etc
Now the first set of numbers turns up too be my ip(whois) where is this located is it my actual router ?.I have tried too kill it but as far as i could tell nothing happened.
The second numbers are of the network id for whos online using the wireless connection.

so basically my question is why does the first result always show my ip and what is it,also if it is my router why will it not kill it.

I try to explain the best i can im not too pc knowledgeable im afraid.
Next thing is can the added names be save for example i long hold mac too input name of user but when i restart app i have too do it again is there a way too save the name too the mac that's shown.

again sorry for explaining i tried me best.
I suppose that the IP you see is just an arp entry... so it's a bug (or a feature!)

The "saving name" issue is new to me. Can you please send a catlog?

Calz

Re: Results and naming mac/ip

Post by Calz » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:01 pm

I tried the naming function again and for now it seems too be working.but i have only one wireless connection going.later when other are home i will try again as it can be between 3-6 connections.maybe the app cannot handle naming so many in one time so thats why it does not save it.
But i will test that later this evening.

The IP does not show up all the time i think of the about 7-12 times i used the app so far it showed only twice but what was interesting was it is my core IP.When i input the IP into google it shows up my customer number and location.
example
IP-XX.XX.XXX.XXX
Customer (cpc9-ABCDX-X-X-cust000.OOOO.cable.virginmedia.com)
Modified the actual results but you get the idea.But as i said this down not show up all the time,the IP just shows up at random.
I will again test this later when there are more devices connected.I hope this is useful and im not just rambling on about stuff that you already know,lol