TouchControl

mikerackhabit

Re: TouchControl - a.k.a PGM, (Nexus 4 version)

Post by mikerackhabit » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:01 am

Just bought the paid version, but it couldn't find a module to load for the latest ParanoidAndroid (Jun10) release.

Refunded for now, but will buy again if support is added.

olygopoly

Post by olygopoly » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:14 am

does this app works with franco m3 ?

tals

Post by tals » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:40 am

olygopoly wrote:does this app works with franco m3 ?
I've only had touch control for a few days but I have cyanogen Rom 10.1 (pie controls) and Franco kernel milestone 3, no issues so far and it works great.

Killar

Post by Killar » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:23 pm

New PA Rom+Kernel(06.07) is out !
Update please

TauMedeiros

Post by TauMedeiros » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi, Ponury!

First of all, thank you for the great work! I use PGM2 on my GNex too.

So, i flashed the CM10.1 (stable) on my Gnex and bought PGM2 and it´s working perfectly.
Then i bought Touch Control for my new Nexus 4 and flashed CM10.1 (stable) too. At first, i tried other kernels like Faux, AK+Faux and Franco nighlty. With Faux and Franco , TouchControl worked fine, but those kernels decreased my battery life by the half (2h15 max of screen on). So i flashed CM10.1 again and started using it with it´s sotck kernel "3.4.0-perf-gf48badc build03@cyanogenmod #1" and my battery life got back to normal when ROM was stock (4h10 mostly of screen on). The problem is, TouchControl is not working on that kernel and on the description says it should work on CM stock kernel.
What could be happening?
I don´t want to use Franco of Faux again because of the battery issues.
Thankyou in advance,

ponury

Post by ponury » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:02 pm

TauMedeiros wrote:Hi, Ponury!

So, i flashed the CM10.1 (stable) on my Gnex and bought PGM2 and it´s working perfectly.
Then i bought Touch Control for my new Nexus 4 and flashed CM10.1 (stable) too. At first, i tried other kernels like Faux, AK+Faux and Franco nighlty. With Faux and Franco , TouchControl worked fine, but those kernels decreased my battery life by the half (2h15 max of screen on). So i flashed CM10.1 again and started using it with it´s sotck kernel "3.4.0-perf-gf48badc build03@cyanogenmod #1" and my battery life got back to normal when ROM was stock (4h10 mostly of screen on). The problem is, TouchControl is not working on that kernel and on the description says it should work on CM stock kernel.
What could be happening?
Thankyou in advance,
You need to ask CM team to enable module support. Writing on their Google+ wall might help. I can't do anything about it. Sorry.

TauMedeiros

Post by TauMedeiros » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:42 pm

ponury wrote:
TauMedeiros wrote:Hi, Ponury!

What could be happening?
Thankyou in advance,
You need to ask CM team to enable module support. Writing on their Google+ wall might help. I can't do anything about it. Sorry.
Looking out there, i found someguy saying CM Team will not enable this module due to security reasons. But can i enable that for myself? is that some inbuilt feature that is just disabled and i can modify the kernel and enable it?

ponury

Post by ponury » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:44 pm

People saying it's for security reasons are wrong and basically doesn't know what they're talking about. You can do it yourself but I won't support your kernel if it's only for you sorry.

TauMedeiros

Post by TauMedeiros » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:49 pm

ponury wrote: People saying it's for security reasons are wrong and basically doesn't know what they're talking about. You can do it yourself but I won't support your kernel if it's only for you sorry.
Ok, i´ll try other kernels.

challgren

Post by challgren » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:56 am

Doesn't work on Android 4.3 running Stock Kernel 3.4.0-perf-gd1dbbaa android-build@vpbs1.mtv.corp.google.com #1

Also your custom Kernel doesn't allow Android 4.3 to boot properly resulting in a stuck boot