It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:00 pm Advanced search

TouchControl

Re: TouchControl

Postby ponury » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:39 am

challgren wrote:Granted I'm happy for updates but I'm not too happy that you removed the slide right to left to sleep. That was the number one feature I used when showing off your app to people to get them to purchase it. Yeah I can program it to do this, but you removed a default setting that was highly used. It would be nice to have an edit button and a test button so I can see if my gesture is correct

Editing gestures will come in future, it's really not that easy as it may seem to do a gesture edit. Also there is a preset for swipe right to left on screen bottom. And in the settings you have touch position checker for easy setup.
ponury

Postby adyoung101 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:27 am

I use slide RL for off and it took me about 5 seconds to create it again. No biggie....
adyoung101

Postby mantooth » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Pretty disappointed with the new version so far. Double tap to wake still refuses to work at all. L2R slide to unlock is inconsistent compared to how it used to be. Sometimes it works, sometimes it takes three swipes, often times it just does nothing.

Add me to those who wish that you'd consider putting back in r2l slide to lock by default, especially until editing gestures is possible/more refined. To get the same functionality it had before involves messing with the advanced features.
mantooth

Postby ff76 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Great job on TouchControl, but I share the same sentiment as mantooth.

While the newer version looks really nice, the functionality has lost its consistency. For me, the L2R slide to unlock works only when the device has been locked recently. As well, if the custom gesture area goes beyond the screen resolution, a mere touch will trigger the gesture instead of the old version that (I would guess) cut you off at the screen's edge.

From your previous comment about it being hard to program editing current gestures, I'm guessing gestures has been completely redone in 2.0. Is there a way for me to get the .apk of the old version while I wait for the kinks to iron out? Thanks again for the great product!
ff76

Postby ponury » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:24 pm

There is no apk to get back. I'm constantly working on fixing that bugs and hope to deal with them in the following few days. Please be patient. This app is in beta and if you rely on it so much you should not update it at the moment the app is published - wait a week or two and read if people are having problems.
ponury

Postby s_superman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:33 am

I bought the donate version from the play store and its not working correctly for me
I'm using paranoid android 3.99 rc2 for nexus 4 and the app detects that the kernel in use does not support it and attempts to download a stock modified kernel and flashes it successfully, however this downloaded kernel breaks WiFi and causes graphical tears and its obviously not the correct one, can you provide a working kernel ? My kernel version is
3.4.0-perf-g04b6fae/anu6is@Anu6is #1/Fri Sept 20 18:44:37 CDT 2013
s_superman

Postby ponury » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:28 pm

s_superman wrote:I bought the donate version from the play store and its not working correctly for me
I'm using paranoid android 3.99 rc2 for nexus 4 and the app detects that the kernel in use does not support it and attempts to download a stock modified kernel and flashes it successfully, however this downloaded kernel breaks WiFi and causes graphical tears and its obviously not the correct one, can you provide a working kernel ? My kernel version is
3.4.0-perf-g04b6fae/anu6is@Anu6is #1/Fri Sept 20 18:44:37 CDT 2013

Sorry I can't, this is the stock modified kernel I don't do custom kernels.
ponury

Postby nazgul_ssm » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:25 am

Please, add the franco.Kernel r204 in the list of supported kernels (Nexus 4)
nazgul_ssm

Postby ponury » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:37 pm

UPDATED APP - VERSION 2.0.3

Changelog:
  • OPTION TO EDIT GESTURES - TAP THE GESTURE TO EDIT
  • another attempt to fix start-at-boot problems
  • various small fixes

since it's slowly starting to be ok, I'm planning to update free version in the following week.
ponury

Postby spaceman92 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Hey ponury. By any chance are you gonna make it compatible with fancy kernel? Kinda tired with Franco. Battery saving seems way better on fancy. Please please make it work with fancy kernel I beg you D:
spaceman92

PreviousNext

Return to Release Thread