It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:23 pm Advanced search

[REQUEST] Check proximity sensor

[REQUEST] Check proximity sensor

Postby peterpan » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:50 pm

Hey, I got a little feature request that might improve touch control a lot.

Problem: Phone gets unlocked sometimes when in pocket.

Solution: Check the phones proximity sensor! If a object is detected, the phone is propably in your pocket and you don't want it to get unlocked. If nothing is nearby and a specified gesture ist detected, unlock that phone!

Please make this at least an option in the app. I love double tap to wake, but this is really bugging me. Paid twice for your app (PGM & TC). :)
peterpan

Re: [REQUEST] Check proximity sensor

Postby ponury » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:58 pm

peterpan wrote:Hey, I got a little feature request that might improve touch control a lot.

Problem: Phone gets unlocked sometimes when in pocket.

Solution: Check the phones proximity sensor! If a object is detected, the phone is propably in your pocket and you don't want it to get unlocked. If nothing is nearby and a specified gesture ist detected, unlock that phone!

Please make this at least an option in the app. I love double tap to wake, but this is really bugging me. Paid twice for your app (PGM & TC). :)

I'm going to try adding this when I finish TC2
ponury

Postby peterpan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:10 am

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to this feature.

What do you mean with TC2? Are you developing a new app? Do we need to pay again for the same features?
peterpan

Postby ponury » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:26 pm

peterpan wrote:Thanks, I'm really looking forward to this feature.

What do you mean with TC2? Are you developing a new app? Do we need to pay again for the same features?

No it's going to be a new version of the same app. No need to purchase again. I'm rewriting it completely and adding much much more features. It's actually almost ready. I need just a couple of days to finish it but I don't have my PC yet.
ponury

Postby peterpan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:05 am

Sounds awesome, thanks!
peterpan

Postby peterpan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:19 am

Can I ask for an ETA on TC2? Really looking forward to this and a few days seem to be over by now. ;)
peterpan

Postby ponury » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:55 am

peterpan wrote:Can I ask for an ETA on TC2? Really looking forward to this and a few days seem to be over by now. ;)

Never ever ask for ETA. Also it's actually almost done. It's working on N4 I'm gathering translations and fixing small bugs on the go.
ponury

Postby peterpan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Thanks for your reply, sorry for asking. It's just impossible to use double tap to wake for me now. The phone gets unlocked in my pocket every time. I hope you implemented the proximity sensor check in TC2.

Do you have any plans on using the play store beta channel for future releases your app?
peterpan

Postby ponury » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:03 pm

peterpan wrote:Thanks for your reply, sorry for asking. It's just impossible to use double tap to wake for me now. The phone gets unlocked in my pocket every time. I hope you implemented the proximity sensor check in TC2.

Do you have any plans on using the play store beta channel for future releases your app?

I didn't implement proximity sensor yet but there is a different option that might prevent it from happening. Also I am using beta for new releases. Check Paranoid.me community on google+
ponury

Return to Release Thread