Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread (OLD)

User avatar
ponury
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:19 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread (OLD)

Post by ponury » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:59 pm

This is a release thread for my kernel module (with an app) for Evo 3d.
It won't work with other phones... I think.

*** Disclaimer ***
I do not take any responsibility for anything you do with this. I do not give any warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. This might make your phone unstable and/or unresponsive.

Requirements:
  • HTC Evo 3d
  • root
  • kernel should have CONFIG_KALLSYMS_ALL
  • brain
If you ever want anything added or fixed, please DONATE

Battery drain
This will NOT add additional battery drain when the screen is not touched. When you touch the screen there's a bit of processing for that but it's really insignificant when you compare it to a few minutes of screen battery drain. Despite what some people are saying, there is no polling, no thread running. Devices use interrupts, so this mod is totally inactive until you touch the screen (it is "woken up" in that moment). I've been using this for 3 months now (yeah I had a pre-alpha-release for some time now), and there really is no battery drain. In fact when I disabled the power button (see here: http://forum.ponury.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=364) I've found that the device runs longer - no accidental wakeups when the button is pressed when I'm putting it in the pocket.


Screenshots:
Image Image

Video:


Changelog:
  • v1.4 (18/02/2012)
    • bugfix - fixed deadlock with touchscreen
    • fixed a bug that caused the touchscreen to play dead when unlocked with power button
    • changed behavior to NOT end the call with slide2wake
    • added options to tweak input device and keynum to fake
    • TIMEOUT now works!!!
    v1.2 (30/01/2012)
    • fixed a bug in slide2lock for CDMA Evo 3D
    • now threshold and timeout is parsed (but timeout still isn't implemented)
    • minor GUI change
    v1.0 (29/01/2012)
    • initial release
[/list]

DOWNLOAD:
pgm_v1.4.apk
Ponury Gesture Mod v1.4
(45.69 KiB) Downloaded 1615 times
MARKET LINK:
https://market.android.com/details?id=net.ponury.pgm


- What happened to v1.1 ?
- I don't know!

OLD releases:
pgm_v1.3.apk
Ponury Gesture Mod v1.3
(47.02 KiB) Downloaded 808 times
pgm_v1.2.apk
Ponury Gesture Mod v1.2
(45.76 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
pgm_v1.0.apk
Ponury Gesture Mod v1.0
(45.65 KiB) Downloaded 594 times


olyd88
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:59 pm
Location: malaysia
Contact:

Re: Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread

Post by olyd88 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:22 pm

ponury wrote:This is a release thread for my kernel module (with an app) for Evo 3d.
It won't work with other phones... I think.

*** Disclaimer ***
I do not take any responsibility for anything you do with this. I do not give any warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. This might make your phone unstable and/or unresponsive.

Requirements:
  • HTC Evo 3d
  • root
  • kernel should have CONFIG_KALLSYMS_ALL
  • brain
If you ever want anything added or fixed, please DONATE
can you add for another brand?im using Xperia Neo v..

User avatar
ponury
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:19 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread

Post by ponury » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:26 pm

olyd88 wrote:can you add for another brand?im using Xperia Neo v..
Sorry, without the physical device I can't do anything. And since I only own evo...

olyd88
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:59 pm
Location: malaysia
Contact:

Re: Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread

Post by olyd88 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:33 pm

ponury wrote:
olyd88 wrote:can you add for another brand?im using Xperia Neo v..
Sorry, without the physical device I can't do anything. And since I only own evo...
Need to try it anyway.what kind of system misbehaviour if this app not stable with phone?

User avatar
ponury
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:19 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread

Post by ponury » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:35 pm

olyd88 wrote:
ponury wrote:
olyd88 wrote:can you add for another brand?im using Xperia Neo v..
Sorry, without the physical device I can't do anything. And since I only own evo...
Need to try it anyway.what kind of system misbehaviour if this app not stable with phone?
Touchscreen not responsive, system reboot (most likely), error message (second most likely). After reboot everything should get back to normal.

olyd88
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:59 pm
Location: malaysia
Contact:

Re: Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread

Post by olyd88 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Oh.okay lets have a test,who knows maybe you can find a solution if i send you Logcat?

User avatar
ponury
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:19 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread

Post by ponury » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:51 pm

olyd88 wrote:Oh.okay lets have a test,who knows maybe you can find a solution if i send you Logcat?
Not gonna happen :-) it's a kernel module, the app itself is just a GUI. It might work for devices with the same atmel driver with the KALLSYMS_ALL option enabled in kernel.

il Duce
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:22 am

Re: Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread

Post by il Duce » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:33 am

amazing work! I couldn't get this to work on CDMA evo3D running steelROM with stock kernel, also tried anthrax kernel. Sent PM hopefully can help bring this great mod over to CDMA users. Me and my team will help test if you want on various ROMs/kernels (team d3rp) check us out on xda cdma evo3D :)

User avatar
ponury
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:19 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread

Post by ponury » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:40 am

il Duce wrote:amazing work! I couldn't get this to work on CDMA evo3D running steelROM with stock kernel, also tried anthrax kernel. Sent PM hopefully can help bring this great mod over to CDMA users. Me and my team will help test if you want on various ROMs/kernels (team d3rp) check us out on xda cdma evo3D :)
I have a confirmation that it works on CDMA with anthrax. Could you send me a log fron dmesg? and logcat probably.

ommygoodness
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread

Post by ommygoodness » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:25 pm

Great idea and I would love to get this to work. I'm using evo3d, stock kernel with Fresh rom but I get the following error message when I try to turn it on:

"Your kernel doesn't export all symbols, or your device is not compatible."

I saw in instructions "kernel should have CONFIG_KALLSYMS_ALL".... does stock kernel have this? Do I need to enable it? What can I try?

Thanks!

Post Reply