It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:18 am Advanced search

Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread (NEW)

Re: Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread (NEW)

Postby m0bstr » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:46 pm

thank you for this great app!!!
m0bstr

Postby hlladxxt_g » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Since you already released a kernel with module support for the Nexus 4, how long will it take until you release a 4.2.2 kernel for the Galaxy Nexus?
hlladxxt_g

Postby ponury » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:50 pm

hlladxxt_g wrote:Since you already released a kernel with module support for the Nexus 4, how long will it take until you release a 4.2.2 kernel for the Galaxy Nexus?

It works on 4.2.2 on GNEX
ponury

Postby lukian » Thu May 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Hey ponury,

Device: Nexus 4 - Franco Kernels.

I can intermittently reproduce the non-responsive touch screen issue at least once a week, if not more.
Is there a debug build or anything further you need to help in diagnosing this?

It appears something is 'detecting' a held touch at a specific location (possibly) on the screen (the end point of the slide2unlock?), even if the user is not touching the screen.

See screenshot of lock screen flowing to a point of the screen I'm not touching -

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/303 ... -30-59.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/303 ... -10-56.png
(I may have tweaked the slide2wake settings for better accuracy for my usage between these occurrences)

Can anyone else confirm a false 'stuck' touch is the underlying issue?
This should be confirmable on a 'non-responsive' unlock pattern screen, by randomly holding (particular points?) and swiping around randomly.
lukian

Postby ananthonline » Thu May 23, 2013 3:35 pm

[quote="ponury"][b]Ping!
New version[/b][/quote]

I'm sure I'm missing something - but I can't see a link to download the latest version of the module in this release thread. Help, please!
ananthonline

Postby ponury » Tue May 28, 2013 10:17 am

ananthonline wrote:
ponury wrote:Ping!
New version

I'm sure I'm missing something - but I can't see a link to download the latest version of the module in this release thread. Help, please!

It's on play store.
ponury

Postby lukian » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:20 pm

"stuck" touch still happened on lock screen with latest version.

(I've even switched from stock to SlimBean since the previous occurrence which involved a full system format + reinstall of apps, but I am still using franco nightlies).
lukian

Postby lukian » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:49 am

My issue seems to be fixed as of the recent version which addressed it further, thank you! :)
lukian

Postby docfuz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:41 am

Hi!
First of all, thank you for your module, it is simply great. Now to the question:

I'm using it on Galaxy Nexus, not Nexus 4, and I don't seem to be able to find a clean way to use it on stock 4.3. For the time being, I'm using it with a modified Franco Kernel r384 and that is fine, but since the new r390 seems not to be able to cope with modules as per Franco/Google decision, I wonder if you've come to something like the Nexus 4 version to use it with stock.

Short one: are you updating the gnex version or are you only focused now on the nex4 one? Just to know, so I can decide which way to go.

Thank you for your attention and answers. Best regards,
doc
docfuz

Postby user30000z » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:19 am

Hello Pourny,
This app is the most important app I have for my nexus 4 and thank you for that !

I installed your modified stock kernel and everything is working great, but Google released a new 4.3 version and my phone is keep asking me to install the new version, and I want to ask if you are going to release a new kernel based on this release.

Thanks.
user30000z

PreviousNext

Return to Release Thread