Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread (NEW)

ponury

Re: Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread (NEW)

Post by ponury » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:23 pm

m_2the_b wrote:This is a great app. Thank you so much for your work.

Since installing the pay version I've noticed that the randomly while typing on the keyboard my screen will go off. It turns right back on upon double tap. This isn't specific to any one app and happens very infrequently.

LTE Galaxy Nexus
Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Thanks again
Try disabling slide2lock or tweaking the 'Y' values for that gesture.

m_2the_b

Post by m_2the_b » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 pm

ponury wrote: Try disabling slide2lock or tweaking the 'Y' values for that gesture.
Along with supporting your work, I got the pay version for slide to lock. So I'd rather not disable it. I lowered my "Y" value to 1190 (was at 1200) so hopefully that helps. I can't seem to find where I read what does what in the settings. What is "Threshold" for ?

Thanks for the quick response

ponury

Post by ponury » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:19 pm

m_2the_b wrote:
ponury wrote: Try disabling slide2lock or tweaking the 'Y' values for that gesture.
Along with supporting your work, I got the pay version for slide to lock. So I'd rather not disable it. I lowered my "Y" value to 1190 (was at 1200) so hopefully that helps. I can't seem to find where I read what does what in the settings. What is "Threshold" for ?

Thanks for the quick response
I'd suggest the Y value of 1280 and Y threshold set to ~128, it might be a bit harder to lock but shouldn't lock by accident.

comentator

Post by comentator » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:39 am

you are not willing to release the source for this, aren't you.
I would love to see this on other phones...

dazw

Post by dazw » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:24 am

Hi,

i just bought the app and i have a problem with the "touch2wake" option.

If I want to call someone and hold the phone to my ear, the display turns off and the phone hangs up immediately.
I propably touch the display with my ear or cheek ;)

Thats very annoying, because i cannot make or receive calls while using "touch2wake".

Any suggestions?

ponury

Post by ponury » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:29 am

comentator wrote:you are not willing to release the source for this, aren't you.
I will add support for more phones in the future. Nexus 7 and nexus S are first in line :-)
dazw wrote:Hi,

If I want to call someone and hold the phone to my ear, the display turns off and the phone hangs up immediately.

Thats very annoying, because i cannot make or receive calls while using "touch2wake".

Any suggestions?
I will try to find a solution for this.

Distue

Post by Distue » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:28 pm

ponury wrote:
comentator wrote:you are not willing to release the source for this, aren't you.
I will add support for more phones in the future. Nexus 7 and nexus S are first in line :-)
dazw wrote:Hi,

Any suggestions?
I will try to find a solution for this.
Some users of other phones want to say that they want to see this features work on their phones desperately!!!

ponury

Post by ponury » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Distue wrote:Some users of other phones want to say that they want to see this features work on their phones desperately!!!
Well I could always try porting it to other devices but I need physical device and there are two options for this:
  1. someone could donate a device for me so I could work on it
  2. enough people could declare to buy the app when it's ready so I could buy the device myself
Don't get me wrong but I won't buy a dozen devices for a lot of money and hope someone would buy it. I'm a lone developer who needs to drink a beer from time to time.

jeswanson86

Post by jeswanson86 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:48 am

I love this app. Bought it right after the additional features were released. I like seeing developers coming up with new ideas for existing apps instead of trying to make the most money by flooding the market new apps. This functionality should be built in. Hopefully you will get a job offer.

I have had one issue, not sure if it's related to this app or something else. Sometimes my screen becomes unresponsive. The phone isn't frozen, the power button wakes and sleeps the phone. I still receive messages, but the screen fails to respond.

Any ideas?

Edit: I have an international GNex from the play store. Currently running the aokp nightly.

ponury

Post by ponury » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:26 am

jeswanson86 wrote:I love this app. Bought it right after the additional features were released. I like seeing developers coming up with new ideas for existing apps instead of trying to make the most money by flooding the market new apps. This functionality should be built in. Hopefully you will get a job offer.

I have had one issue, not sure if it's related to this app or something else. Sometimes my screen becomes unresponsive. The phone isn't frozen, the power button wakes and sleeps the phone. I still receive messages, but the screen fails to respond.

Any ideas?

Edit: I have an international GNex from the play store. Currently running the aokp nightly.
Some people reported this issue but it's so rare and I never encountered it myself. Could you collect dmesg logs when that happens?