Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread (NEW)

jeswanson86

Re: Ponury Gesture Mod Release thread (NEW)

Post by jeswanson86 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:03 am

ponury wrote:
jeswanson86 wrote:I love this app. Bought it right after the additional features were released. I like seeing developers coming up with new ideas for existing apps instead of trying to make the most money by flooding the market new apps. This functionality should be built in. Hopefully you will get a job offer.

I have had one issue, not sure if it's related to this app or something else. Sometimes my screen becomes unresponsive. The phone isn't frozen, the power button wakes and sleeps the phone. I still receive messages, but the screen fails to respond.

Any ideas?

Edit: I have an international GNex from the play store. Currently running the aokp nightly.
Some people reported this issue but it's so rare and I never encountered it myself. Could you collect dmesg logs when that happens?
Sure, but to be honest, I don't know what a dmesg log is or how to collect. Would be happy to quickly learn if you have a quick guide...

ponury

Post by ponury » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:07 am

jeswanson86 wrote:
ponury wrote:
jeswanson86 wrote:I love this app. Bought it right after the additional features were released. I like seeing developers coming up with new ideas for existing apps instead of trying to make the most money by flooding the market new apps. This functionality should be built in. Hopefully you will get a job offer.

I have had one issue, not sure if it's related to this app or something else. Sometimes my screen becomes unresponsive. The phone isn't frozen, the power button wakes and sleeps the phone. I still receive messages, but the screen fails to respond.

Any ideas?

Edit: I have an international GNex from the play store. Currently running the aokp nightly.
Some people reported this issue but it's so rare and I never encountered it myself. Could you collect dmesg logs when that happens?
Sure, but to be honest, I don't know what a dmesg log is or how to collect. Would be happy to quickly learn if you have a quick guide...
If you have windows then I don't know :)

jeswanson86

Post by jeswanson86 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:46 am

I found an app that will collect the logs. Do you have any preferred mask strings?

ponury

Post by ponury » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:24 am

jeswanson86 wrote:I found an app that will collect the logs. Do you have any preferred mask strings?
It would be better if you could collect all it might be related to some other app conflicting with mine.

jeswanson86

Post by jeswanson86 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:08 pm

ponury wrote:
jeswanson86 wrote:I found an app that will collect the logs. Do you have any preferred mask strings?
It would be better if you could collect all it might be related to some other app conflicting with mine.
Give this a try and let me know if I messed up:

http://pastebin.com/MhF4vjGk

jeswanson86

Post by jeswanson86 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:05 am

Just happened again.

Here is where it's posted: http://pastebin.com/k8RfyJyh

nexus

Post by nexus » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Bought the paid version and am loving it! Keep up the great work. Can't wait for this to work on both the nexus s and 7.
Hopefully this will be released for the nexus 7 first. I think there will be a greater market for people to support the developer.
With the original Asus cover on the nexus 7 I find it annoying and difficult pressing the power button. This app will come handy. If I had to repurchase the app I would but I can't say the same for my nexus s as it is getting outdated and the market is smaller.

Just my 2c to the developer as I acknowledge he also has to make something for his hard efforts and if done ASAP people will purchase the app using their free 25 dollars credit.

ailai55

Post by ailai55 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Hello
I love this app on my galaxy nexus.
Do you have plan to port it to tablets? ( I have an Asus TF700 )
Thanks.

ponury

Post by ponury » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:10 am

ailai55 wrote:Hello
I love this app on my galaxy nexus.
Do you have plan to port it to tablets? ( I have an Asus TF700 )
Thanks.
I only have nexus7 and I'm not sure it can be done for it. But if I ever get some other tablet in my hands I might try porting it to it :)

ponury

Post by ponury » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:00 pm

NEW VERSION