PGM Ponury Gesture Mod for Nexus 4?

hlladxxt_g

PGM Ponury Gesture Mod for Nexus 4?

Post by hlladxxt_g » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:00 pm

I love your program PGM Nexus to unlock with a swipe. I use it permanently on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus (VZW). Any chance this would work with or that you are working on a version for the LG Nexus 4? I would happily pay again!

Please bring PGM swipe to unlock to Nexus 4, you would have a lot of happy customers, thanks!

ponury

Re: PGM Ponury Gesture Mod for Nexus 4?

Post by ponury » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:54 pm

hlladxxt_g wrote:I love your program PGM Nexus to unlock with a swipe. I use it permanently on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus (VZW). Any chance this would work with or that you are working on a version for the LG Nexus 4? I would happily pay again!

Please bring PGM swipe to unlock to Nexus 4, you would have a lot of happy customers, thanks!
It's not available in my country :( If I could only get it I would write it for it.

hlladxxt_g

Post by hlladxxt_g » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks for the quick response! Sorry to hear it's not available. I don't yet have one but hope to in the next few weeks!

Would I be incredibly foolish to try to install the Galaxy Nexus version onto my Nexus?

ponury

Post by ponury » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:12 pm

hlladxxt_g wrote:Thanks for the quick response! Sorry to hear it's not available. I don't yet have one but hope to in the next few weeks!

Would I be incredibly foolish to try to install the Galaxy Nexus version onto my Nexus?
No, but it won't work :-) I bet it would reboot the device because of kernel panic.

hlladxxt_g

Post by hlladxxt_g » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:03 am

Fair enough, I'll let you know what happens when I get one. Let me know if I would be able to give you any information to get it to potentially work on the Nexus 4!

hlladxxt_g

Post by hlladxxt_g » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Well, no luck with PGM Nexus on the LG Nexus 4: immediate crash on load (but at least no reboot). I would love to get this working: anything I could do to help you, or any guidance you could give on building a version just for myself? I have some experience developing for android, but little beyond simple apps (although I'd like to learn). I still promise to buy yours when it is released!

ponury

Post by ponury » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:02 pm

hlladxxt_g wrote:Well, no luck with PGM Nexus on the LG Nexus 4: immediate crash on load (but at least no reboot). I would love to get this working: anything I could do to help you, or any guidance you could give on building a version just for myself? I have some experience developing for android, but little beyond simple apps (although I'd like to learn). I still promise to buy yours when it is released!
Really, developing kernel module is completely different than writing android app. First of all it's in C not in Java, second of all your mistake equals reboot. And second of all it's at least a few days of debugging kernel and tracing it. After that it's just pain in the ass. I am going to get N4 but it will take some time. It's not available to buy in any play store now. I think I will manage to get it in January or maybe a bit later.

hlladxxt_g

Post by hlladxxt_g » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Okay, I understand. Thanks so much, I'm looking forward to a new version when it's ready.

Hrithan2020

Post by Hrithan2020 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi,
Sorry for bumping a very old thread. I was wondering whether you were able to get hold of a Nexus 4 or would be getting it soon. Can you please update us. Can we get all the PGM goodness on our Nexus 4 anytime soon? :)

ponury

Post by ponury » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Hrithan2020 wrote:Hi,
Sorry for bumping a very old thread. I was wondering whether you were able to get hold of a Nexus 4 or would be getting it soon. Can you please update us. Can we get all the PGM goodness on our Nexus 4 anytime soon? :)
I have N4 and I'm already trying to write this for it (for more than a week now). I am still not sure if it's possible.