PGM Ponury Gesture Mod for Nexus 4?

Hrithan2020

Re: PGM Ponury Gesture Mod for Nexus 4?

Post by Hrithan2020 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:42 pm

Thanks for the reply. Hope to hear from you soon in the Nexus 4 forums [xda].Hope you'll be able to get it working :)

lsc0825

Post by lsc0825 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:26 am

It's very exciting to hear that you are working on N4 version. Hope it will be released soon : )

ponury

Post by ponury » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:29 am

lsc0825 wrote:It's very exciting to hear that you are working on N4 version. Hope it will be released soon : )
I hope it will be released at all :-)

tsong

Post by tsong » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:16 pm

[quote="ponury"]
[quote="lsc0825"]It's very exciting to hear that you are working on N4 version. Hope it will be released soon : )[/quote]
I hope it will be released at all :-)[/quote]

yes,i'm also a nexus4 user,i love pgm nexus when i use Galaxy nexus, so,now i come to here

so,if you need to test the new module on nexus4,i would like to try it..

ponury

Post by ponury » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:37 pm

tsong wrote:
ponury wrote:
lsc0825 wrote:It's very exciting to hear that you are working on N4 version. Hope it will be released soon : )
I hope it will be released at all :-)
yes,i'm also a nexus4 user,i love pgm nexus when i use Galaxy nexus, so,now i come to here

so,if you need to test the new module on nexus4,i would like to try it..
It's not working yet. I mean - it doesn't work at all.

ponury

Post by ponury » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:54 am

joko wrote:Sweep to wake already works on Matr1x kernel for N4, but it is kernel specific, unlike your mod. Also, its only used to turn the screen on. Perhaps you should check that out over at xda.
I didn't know people ripped off my idea :D
But that didn't help much. The problem is to make it work on all (most) kernels. I just need a day or two to sit on this and think things through.

But thank you very much for the info :-)

Hrithan2020

Post by Hrithan2020 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:19 pm

ponury wrote:
joko wrote:Sweep to wake already works on Matr1x kernel for N4, but it is kernel specific, unlike your mod. Also, its only used to turn the screen on. Perhaps you should check that out over at xda.
But that didn't help much. The problem is to make it work on all (most) kernels. I just need a day or two to sit on this and think things through.

Well, you should know that there are quite a few bugs with the feature as of now and the developer is working on v2 of that feature [lots of people reporting screen freeze and other issues with the current]. This does however, also have the feature to turn off the screen which @joko seems not to be aware of. Doesn't however have the double click to wake feature.

But I'd prefer to have an app which injects the module over any kernel, and which is bug free over the current feature.
Hope you'll be able to resolve this soon :)

EDIT: Any idea why the quote is not working?

ponury

Post by ponury » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Hrithan2020 wrote:
ponury wrote:

Well, you should know that there are quite a few bugs with the feature as of now and the developer is working on v2 of that feature [lots of people reporting screen freeze and other issues with the current]. This does however, also have the feature to turn off the screen which @joko seems not to be aware of. Doesn't however have the double click to wake feature.

But I'd prefer to have an app which injects the module over any kernel, and which is bug free over the current feature.
Hope you'll be able to resolve this soon :)

EDIT: Any idea why the quote is not working?
I will have time to work on this today and tomorrow. Maybe I'll figure this out. And the quote wasn't working because you selected 'Disable BBCode' :-)

What I would like to do is make it as close to gnex code. After that I'm going to work on new features and actually completely redesign the app.

Hrithan2020

Post by Hrithan2020 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:50 pm

ponury wrote: I will have time to work on this today and tomorrow. Maybe I'll figure this out. And the quote wasn't working because you selected 'Disable BBCode' :-)

What I would like to do is make it as close to gnex code. After that I'm going to work on new features and actually completely redesign the app.
That's great. It'll certainly be worth the wait!!

EDIT: I am not seeing any option to enable BBCode. I don't recollect setting the BBCode to OFF. I checked and couldn't find it under control panel as well. Am I missing something?

ponury

Post by ponury » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Hrithan2020 wrote:
ponury wrote: I will have time to work on this today and tomorrow. Maybe I'll figure this out. And the quote wasn't working because you selected 'Disable BBCode' :-)

That's great. It'll certainly be worth the wait!!

EDIT: I am not seeing any option to enable BBCode. I don't recollect setting the BBCode to OFF. I checked and couldn't find it under control panel as well. Am I missing something?
Can you talk to me via gtalk - bartosz at ponury dot net
I would much appreciate it.