It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:55 pm Advanced search

nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

here report bugs for TouchControl/PGM

nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Postby patric » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi,
on my Nexus 4, stock kernel, every couple of hours, my touch screen stops working.
Everything I can do is switching the phone off by pressing the power button several seconds.

Please note that except for the rooting, the phone is totally stock.

Any ideas?

Tia,

Patric
patric
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:17 pm


Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Postby ponury » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:15 pm

I hoped i fixed that already :/ can you find a way to reproduce this?
User avatar
ponury
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:19 pm
Location: Poland

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Postby mr_jp » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi, I have the same problem.

The screen is unresponsive, and sometimes the software keys (back , home and recent apps) seems stuck as if they are pressed all the time. The only thing that solves it is a hard shutdown.

It happens about 30 minutes to an hour after activating Touch Control. The first time it happened, I had doubletap2wake on, and I thought that might have been buggy since the phone was moving around in my pocket. After disabling it, it happened again twice.

Any log file or other information that might help you debug this?
mr_jp
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Postby ponury » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:20 pm

mr_jp wrote:Hi, I have the same problem.

The screen is unresponsive, and sometimes the software keys (back , home and recent apps) seems stuck as if they are pressed all the time. The only thing that solves it is a hard shutdown.

It happens about 30 minutes to an hour after activating Touch Control. The first time it happened, I had doubletap2wake on, and I thought that might have been buggy since the phone was moving around in my pocket. After disabling it, it happened again twice.

Any log file or other information that might help you debug this?

The best thing would be to find a way to reproduce this :)
User avatar
ponury
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:19 pm
Location: Poland

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Postby p0630034 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi there, I'm also having the same problem.

I'm on CM10.1, and Franco Kernel r72. I only have slide to lock and slide to unlock enabled.

TouchControl sometimes stops working after a while (does not respond to swipes on screen). Using the power button to turn on the screen will cause non responsiveness on the screen. Only solution is to restart, if I'm lucky, because the screen does not respond at all.
p0630034
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Postby demian » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Same problem here, and also don't have a scenario to reproduce it.
It just happens after a day or two. After some time some of the screen responsiveness returns back enough to shutdown.
Any way to help in solving this? (logs, screenshot) I'm about to disable the app, since the impact is so drastic.
While it works, this app is awsome. It's a time saver and it impresses my geek friends :-)
demian
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Postby HadoukenDeFogo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:39 pm

Have the same problem here, it's quite easy to reproduce since it happens every time after some minutes, if you want me to check something...
I'm on paranoid android with their kernel.
HadoukenDeFogo
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Postby ponury » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:39 am

HadoukenDeFogo wrote:Have the same problem here, it's quite easy to reproduce since it happens every time after some minutes, if you want me to check something...
I'm on paranoid android with their kernel.

I will install paranoid and see for myself :-)
User avatar
ponury
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:19 pm
Location: Poland

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Postby mr_jp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:16 am

Hi, I'm using stock kernel.

The problem comes up every hour or so, when the phone is on standby and when its in my pocket. I only have swipe 2 wake enabled.
mr_jp
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Postby ponury » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 am

mr_jp wrote:Hi, I'm using stock kernel.

The problem comes up every hour or so, when the phone is on standby and when its in my pocket. I only have swipe 2 wake enabled.

Can you tell me how you can reproduce it?
User avatar
ponury
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:19 pm
Location: Poland

Next

Return to Bug reports



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron