nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

here report bugs for TouchControl/PGM
HadoukenDeFogo

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Post by HadoukenDeFogo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Hello again, after the latest update for some reason it happening way less, but still got this bug 2 times, my friend also uses the same room but with franco kernel and for him it's working fine.
So, I'm guessing this is a problem with paranoid kernel wich I use, will try other kernels and see if the problem is solved.
Hope it helps you narrow the problem, and thanks for the support and nice app.

jmpy

Post by jmpy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:37 am

hi, i can confirm this, its driving me crazy to not be able to use this awesome app!!

i've used pgm, and touch control, and both with the same issue,
also in both stock and franco nightlies, it may have something to do with unlocking the phone with the power button, ill stay alert
but it happens every two hours or so!
pleeease fix dev!

regards.

ponury

Post by ponury » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:56 am

jmpy wrote:hi, i can confirm this, its driving me crazy to not be able to use this awesome app!!

i've used pgm, and touch control, and both with the same issue,
also in both stock and franco nightlies, it may have something to do with unlocking the phone with the power button, ill stay alert
but it happens every two hours or so!
pleeease fix dev!

regards.
pleeease tell me how to reproduce this with at least 30% success rate :P

Johanmtos

Post by Johanmtos » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:36 pm

[quote="ponury"][quote="mr_jp"]Hi, I'm using stock kernel.

The problem comes up every hour or so, when the phone is on standby and when its in my pocket. I only have swipe 2 wake enabled.[/quote]
Can you tell me how you can reproduce it?[/quote]

It's very easy to reproduce this, just slip your phone in your pocket when you're using fitter jeans or pants and start moving around. It helps if you put the screen against your leg. These are the conditions, I noticed, that trigger the bug.

If it helps I'm on stock 4.2.2, franco r102.

Hope this helps solving the problem... By the way, really love this app!

ponury

Post by ponury » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:20 am

Johanmtos wrote:
ponury wrote:
mr_jp wrote:Hi, I'm using stock kernel.

The problem comes up every hour or so, when the phone is on standby and when its in my pocket. I only have swipe 2 wake enabled.
Can you tell me how you can reproduce it?

It's very easy to reproduce this, just slip your phone in your pocket when you're using fitter jeans or pants and start moving around. It helps if you put the screen against your leg. These are the conditions, I noticed, that trigger the bug.

If it helps I'm on stock 4.2.2, franco r102.

Hope this helps solving the problem... By the way, really love this app!
But I need a simpler test :P How do you expect me to debug this while having my phone connected to PC via USB and walking around the house for an hour?

What I need is something like: Touch screen with two fingers, turn off phone while keeping fingers on screen and BAM doesn't work :P

tommyhuang11

Post by tommyhuang11 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:01 pm

I am one of the touchcontrol fans from China.sorry my english is poor. I already knew why it happens. don't freeze the system app: basic daydreams!!!! if it helps , you are welcome! looking forword ponury fixs the bug!

waynepangXXX

Post by waynepangXXX » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:43 am

i have same issue here... i doonno how to reproduce that...but i switch on the "Show touches" in the developer option...
It show that a "ghost touch" on the right corner or sometimes the left corner... hope that xcould help

nan.ye

Post by nan.ye » Mon May 06, 2013 1:41 am

I've the same problem. I'm using modified stock kernel and touch control 1.6i. It becomes more and more unstable. Before I update to this version, it only stops working after phone call. But now a few minutes after the reboot, this will block my touch screen, I could not do anything, just long press power button and vol+ to reboot. I have to uninstall it or I need to reboot frequently. I think the previous versions, I can't remember the build number, maybe the first two release of 1.6 works perfect on my Nexus 4. Could you please to check about it?

nan.ye

Post by nan.ye » Fri May 10, 2013 6:22 am

I just flash franco Milestone 2 kernel and everything works fine. I think latest TC has some issues with modified stock kernel.

nan.ye

Post by nan.ye » Tue May 14, 2013 2:54 am

With my several days test, I think this problem is not related to kernel's. Because I flash the france kernel M2 and I works fine for about two days. Now it could not work again. The touch is disabled randomly and sometimes even just after reboot. My phone becomes hot frequently. I'm pretty sure that I do not install any new applications in these two days.