Page 1 of 6

nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:06 pm
by patric
Hi,
on my Nexus 4, stock kernel, every couple of hours, my touch screen stops working.
Everything I can do is switching the phone off by pressing the power button several seconds.

Please note that except for the rooting, the phone is totally stock.

Any ideas?

Tia,

Patric

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:15 pm
by ponury
I hoped i fixed that already :/ can you find a way to reproduce this?

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:18 pm
by mr_jp
Hi, I have the same problem.

The screen is unresponsive, and sometimes the software keys (back , home and recent apps) seems stuck as if they are pressed all the time. The only thing that solves it is a hard shutdown.

It happens about 30 minutes to an hour after activating Touch Control. The first time it happened, I had doubletap2wake on, and I thought that might have been buggy since the phone was moving around in my pocket. After disabling it, it happened again twice.

Any log file or other information that might help you debug this?

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:20 pm
by ponury
mr_jp wrote:Hi, I have the same problem.

The screen is unresponsive, and sometimes the software keys (back , home and recent apps) seems stuck as if they are pressed all the time. The only thing that solves it is a hard shutdown.

It happens about 30 minutes to an hour after activating Touch Control. The first time it happened, I had doubletap2wake on, and I thought that might have been buggy since the phone was moving around in my pocket. After disabling it, it happened again twice.

Any log file or other information that might help you debug this?
The best thing would be to find a way to reproduce this :)

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:53 pm
by p0630034
Hi there, I'm also having the same problem.

I'm on CM10.1, and Franco Kernel r72. I only have slide to lock and slide to unlock enabled.

TouchControl sometimes stops working after a while (does not respond to swipes on screen). Using the power button to turn on the screen will cause non responsiveness on the screen. Only solution is to restart, if I'm lucky, because the screen does not respond at all.

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 pm
by demian
Same problem here, and also don't have a scenario to reproduce it.
It just happens after a day or two. After some time some of the screen responsiveness returns back enough to shutdown.
Any way to help in solving this? (logs, screenshot) I'm about to disable the app, since the impact is so drastic.
While it works, this app is awsome. It's a time saver and it impresses my geek friends :-)

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:39 pm
by HadoukenDeFogo
Have the same problem here, it's quite easy to reproduce since it happens every time after some minutes, if you want me to check something...
I'm on paranoid android with their kernel.

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:39 am
by ponury
HadoukenDeFogo wrote:Have the same problem here, it's quite easy to reproduce since it happens every time after some minutes, if you want me to check something...
I'm on paranoid android with their kernel.
I will install paranoid and see for myself :-)

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:16 am
by mr_jp
Hi, I'm using stock kernel.

The problem comes up every hour or so, when the phone is on standby and when its in my pocket. I only have swipe 2 wake enabled.

Re: nexus 4 touch screen not reacting any more

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 am
by ponury
mr_jp wrote:Hi, I'm using stock kernel.

The problem comes up every hour or so, when the phone is on standby and when its in my pocket. I only have swipe 2 wake enabled.
Can you tell me how you can reproduce it?