[SOLVED] Latest Touch Control update and Franco Kernel

here report bugs for TouchControl/PGM
Twitch_City

[SOLVED] Latest Touch Control update and Franco Kernel

Post by Twitch_City » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Hi,

Touch Control was working perfect on my Nexus 4. I saw the update this morning, and followed the regular procedure (uninstall Touch Control, reboot, install latest version). However, upon reboot, I am unable to start Touch Control! When I try to load the module I get the error: "FAIL. I was unable to load any module, your kernel seems to be unsupported".

I was running the latest Franco stable (Milestone.1).

I have since flashed Franco's latest nightly (v 111), but have the same problem/error.

I LOVE Touch Control. Any ideas how to get this working again?

Twitch_City

Re: Latest Touch Control update and Franco Kernel

Post by Twitch_City » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:40 pm

I still can't get it to work. I've tried:

1) Still on the March 24 CM Nightly, using Titanium Backup to restore the previous version of TC. Same error.
2) Updated the phone to the March 27 CM Nightly, and reflashed the Milestone 1 Franco kernel. Same error.

I definitely have a custom kernel installed, and definitely have root permissions.

One full day without TC really goes to show how much I like the app! I hope we can get it working again soon...

ponury

Post by ponury » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Twitch_City wrote:I still can't get it to work. I've tried:

1) Still on the March 24 CM Nightly, using Titanium Backup to restore the previous version of TC. Same error.
2) Updated the phone to the March 27 CM Nightly, and reflashed the Milestone 1 Franco kernel. Same error.

I definitely have a custom kernel installed, and definitely have root permissions.

One full day without TC really goes to show how much I like the app! I hope we can get it working again soon...
It should work now, but never restore TC from titanium backup you need to install fresh from play store.

Twitch_City

Post by Twitch_City » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:03 am

ponury wrote:It should work now, but never restore TC from titanium backup you need to install fresh from play store.
I just uninstalled, rebooted the phone, and reinstalled and same problem? I reverted back to Milestone 1, but will use the latest nightly if it is easier for you. I am really missing TC!

Thanks for the note about Titanium. I typically wouldn't restore the app that way - I just was curious if it was the latest version of TC that caused the problem, so thought to try the older version that I had backed up.

Twitch_City

Post by Twitch_City » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Any ideas, ponury? I really miss TC, and I cannot seem to figure out what is causing the problem.

Twitch_City

Post by Twitch_City » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:37 am

With TC uninstalled, I just flashed the latest CM nightly without flashing Franco (so leaving the included CM kernel). Exact same issue - TC says the kernel is unsupported.

So, this probably affects more than just people using Franco...

ponury

Post by ponury » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:38 pm

Twitch_City wrote:With TC uninstalled, I just flashed the latest CM nightly without flashing Franco (so leaving the included CM kernel). Exact same issue - TC says the kernel is unsupported.

So, this probably affects more than just people using Franco...
CM kernel is not supported because it's stock. I will take a look at franco kernel problem.

Twitch_City

Post by Twitch_City » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:51 pm

Perfect, thank you! I'm back on Milestone 1 but TC is still giving the same error (I'm using the paid version of the app). If there is anything I can provide that will help you diagnose what is wrong, please let me know - I'd be happy to help!

ponury

Post by ponury » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:57 pm

Twitch_City wrote:Perfect, thank you! I'm back on Milestone 1 but TC is still giving the same error (I'm using the paid version of the app). If there is anything I can provide that will help you diagnose what is wrong, please let me know - I'd be happy to help!
Actually have you tried uninstalling the app, rebooting (very important) and installing fresh from play store (do not use any restore methods like titanium backup)

Twitch_City

Post by Twitch_City » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:59 pm

I've done that probably 12 times by now. Always reboot :-)