It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:59 pm Advanced search

GNex 4.2 and 4.3 TC sometimes failed to load after reboot

here report bugs for TouchControl/PGM

GNex 4.2 and 4.3 TC sometimes failed to load after reboot

Postby Rex » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi,

Using TC 1.85 on Galaxy Nexus. The ROM is SlimROM using leanKernel which I replace by franco Kernel nightly (forgot franco build number when the GNex was under 4.2, #392 for Android 4.3). TouchControl is set with default settings, only silde2wake and "Start at Boot" checked.

With SlimROM 4.31 build 2 stable, on about 50% of reboot, TouchControl failed to load. To fix it, I have to start TouchControl app and redownload the module. When the GNex was using SlimROM 4.22, the issue was less frequent, may be on 1/4 of reboots.

The issue itself is not a big deal as I don't reboot that often and it is still easy to launch TC + reinstall the module. Also, I understand that the mix of SlimROM + overriding its leanKernel by franco Kernel may push the system into unknown scenario.

But may be this is a bug that is easy to fix? I see on the other thread on the same subject that you asked to send you the logcat.

Can you please tell me WHEN should I capture the logcat? After reboot and BEFORE or AFTER starting TC manually to reload the module? Also if you have a convenient trick to capture the logcat, can you please share?

Thanks in advance.
Rex

Re: GNex 4.2 and 4.3 TC sometimes failed to load after reboo

Postby ponury » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:17 pm

The best would be if you could capture one log when running the app and downloading module, setting the start at boot option and second after a reboot.
ponury

Re: GNex 4.2 and 4.3 TC sometimes failed to load after reboo

Postby Rex » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:12 am

Hi,

I have sent you some LogCats via PM. Hope you have received OK.
Rex

Return to Bug reports