It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:51 am Advanced search

Slide2Lock issue on Nexus7 (2013)

here report bugs for TouchControl/PGM

Slide2Lock issue on Nexus7 (2013)

Postby Wis » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:45 am

Hi,

I've installed the new version and all of my previous settings were gone. But that's ok, I can make them again. Here are the problems I've found:
1) Slide2Lock (bottom screen from right to left) does not seem to work.
2) I've tried to make one myself (with coordinates) but could not make it work (it locked the device by sliding anywhere on the screen).
3) Once you've set a new gesture it's impossibile to change it. That is pretty frustrating if you need to experiment with coordinates.
4) This is not a problem of this version, as it was there even in the previous one: I only use the tablet in landscape mode, and I'd wish to lock the tablet sliding the finger on the menu on the long side of the tablet (the bottom side, in landscape mode). That is not actually supported by the default config (and in fact I ended up making a custom setting).

It should be great if the "bottom" activation side would change with the orientation of the device. But that would be too much, I guess. ^__^

Anyway, thank you for your work!
Wis

Re: Slide2Lock issue on Nexus7 (2013)

Postby ponury » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:23 pm

First of all, there are bugs and this will need to be fixed too :-)
About getting coordinates in Settings page is a touch position checker that should ease that problem a bit.

And changing the "orientation" of the gestures is on my todo list but it's on the bottom of the pretty long list of issues :)
ponury

Postby Wis » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Yeah, I used the checker to find the proper coordinates, but it didn't work anyway.
I guess there's a problem with Nexus 7 specifically, because on Nexus 4 "slide2lock" works.
I'll do some more test.
Wis

Postby Wis » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Tested a bit more.
The default Slide2Lock still does not seem to work (in any orientation), but I managed to set a custom gesture which will do what it is supposed to do when using the tablet in landscape mode.
I'm satisfied. ^__^

If anyone is interested, the coordinates are
X: 20 to 20, 60 range
Y: 1700 to 800, 200 range

If I remember those right.

By setting these you should lock the screen by sliding from the multitask button to the back button.
Wis

Return to Bug reports