It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:56 pm Advanced search

v2.4 Faceniff stops responding/fc when found profile

Report bugs here... and look for quick fixes

v2.4 Faceniff stops responding/fc when found profile

Postby Zeptinune » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:06 am

A new bug that seems to happen with 2.4 is that sometimes when a profile is found while spoofing, the app will just force close or go into "Faceniff has stopped working" etc. My device vibrates that I have found a profile and I get to see it in the list for a millisecond before the app crashes.

I don't know if this happened with 2.3 because I never got to try it.

It doesn't always happen but it does hinder the app from working properly... I am not sure if there is an underlying bug because 2.4 seems to capture less profiles than 2.1b.. Even though it's quite stable and designed for ICS/JB etc.
2.1b seems to capture more profiles but it's very unstable on ICS/JB.

It's really hard to recreate this bug because it's random whenever it happens...

ROM: 4.1.2 NEE STOCK
Rooted and latest Busybox
Phone: Galaxy S3
Zeptinune

Re: v2.4 Faceniff stops responding/fc when found profile

Postby ponury » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:08 am

Zeptinune wrote:A new bug that seems to happen with 2.4 is that sometimes when a profile is found while spoofing, the app will just force close or go into "Faceniff has stopped working" etc. My device vibrates that I have found a profile and I get to see it in the list for a millisecond before the app crashes.

I don't know if this happened with 2.3 because I never got to try it.

It doesn't always happen but it does hinder the app from working properly... I am not sure if there is an underlying bug because 2.4 seems to capture less profiles than 2.1b.. Even though it's quite stable and designed for ICS/JB etc.
2.1b seems to capture more profiles but it's very unstable on ICS/JB.

It's really hard to recreate this bug because it's random whenever it happens...

ROM: 4.1.2 NEE STOCK
Rooted and latest Busybox
Phone: Galaxy S3

Logcat + dmesg might help. I will rewrite the app completely and hope to fix all that small bugs inside. But this will take some more time.
ponury

Re: v2.4 Faceniff stops responding/fc when found profile

Postby Zeptinune » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:18 am

I'll give that a try. No rush on the rewrite but of course all of us would greatly appreciate it. ;)

Edit: I wrote this thread on my phone, I didn't realise that I somehow made 2 threads.
Zeptinune

Return to Bug reports