It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:29 am Advanced search

i cant sniff passwords

Report bugs here... and look for quick fixes

i cant sniff passwords

Postby ahmed_f88 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:20 am

good morning

i have the full version and when i start sniffing i see my account because iam trying on it...any way i can open the facebook from the browser without any need to log in but i cant get the password...even with the trial version i also tried on it from another device and it didnt show any kind of password even the first and the last letter

it only shows the facebook id and the brand of the motherboard i think ( gigabyte ) and the ip

i tried with sslstrip on and off

waiting ur kind reply
ahmed_f88

Re: i cant sniff passwords

Postby ponury » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:16 pm

ahmed_f88 wrote:good morning

i have the full version and when i start sniffing i see my account because iam trying on it...any way i can open the facebook from the browser without any need to log in but i cant get the password...even with the trial version i also tried on it from another device and it didnt show any kind of password even the first and the last letter

it only shows the facebook id and the brand of the motherboard i think ( gigabyte ) and the ip

i tried with sslstrip on and off

waiting ur kind reply

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61
ponury

Postby Zeptinune » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:07 pm

Faceniff is not a password sniffing/stealing application. You obviously have no idea what you are doing, perhaps you should stick to playing Plants vs. Zombies.

Or maybe you should just read the application documentation.... :roll:

Also there is no need to make more than 1 thread.
Zeptinune

Postby ahmed_f88 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:19 pm

so what's the diffrence between facesniff and droidsheep?
ahmed_f88

Postby Zeptinune » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:24 pm

Faceniff is newer, has more features and has been updated for the latest versions of Android 4.x and also allows for SSL stripping.

Droidsheep is a far older app, supports much older versions of Android, has many known issues and does not support SSL strip. As far as I know, Droidsheep has also been discontinued and is no longer being actively improved or maintained. Faceniff is currently still in active development and updates are released from time-to-time.

If you are interested in Faceniff, or you like the app. Please consider purchasing it here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4

Also this is not a forum for talk about Droidsheep. If you wish to discuss that app then go somewhere else.
Zeptinune

Postby Zeptinune » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:31 pm

In response to your problem above.

1. Faceniff only shows the first and last letter of the person's account IF they are connecting through SSL.
2. Faceniff is not built around the ability to 'get' passwords in any way, only to use the person's account as if you had logged in yourself.
3. For information on SSL Strip and SSL in general please go here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4
4. I will say again, this is NOT an application for getting passwords, and never will be. You are welcome to code up your own application for that purpose if that is what you wish, and then charge your own fee for such a service ;)
5. Please keep the topic to Faceniff, Wifikill or Logcat only. Thanks very much :)
Zeptinune

Postby dez9 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:02 am

I have a rooted tablet and I downloaded faceniff and got on Facebook with my cell from Firefox browser not the face book app and I see nothing how do I get it to work
dez9

Return to Bug reports