It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:42 pm Advanced search

Password before opening Facesniff

Here you could request a feature you would like to see in FaceNiff

Password before opening Facesniff

Postby matthew444 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi,

it would be a nice feature to have an option to protect the application with a customisable password. Like when i dont want my friends or any people i borrow my phone for a sec to randomly find out what facesniff is or what people did it "catched". Somethink like simple pop-up asking to type in the password before opening the actual app.

It would be much safer, because even people that have no idea what facesniff does could possibly tap on its icon and they would quicky find out what is it for when they will see a vendor list full of people.

just an idea :)
matthew444

Re: Password before opening Facesniff

Postby ponury » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:44 am

matthew444 wrote:Hi,

it would be a nice feature to have an option to protect the application with a customisable password. Like when i dont want my friends or any people i borrow my phone for a sec to randomly find out what facesniff is or what people did it "catched". Somethink like simple pop-up asking to type in the password before opening the actual app.

It would be much safer, because even people that have no idea what facesniff does could possibly tap on its icon and they would quicky find out what is it for when they will see a vendor list full of people.

just an idea :)

not a bad idea :)
ponury

Postby Compiz » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:46 pm

I think there is a free app in market that can hide or pwd protect apps but yes its a nice idea! OFC as long as it comes with a way to restore pwd in case someone forgot his pwd :P
Compiz

Postby Zeptinune » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:06 pm

As Compiz said, there are other apps that can do this for you, and all quite badly but they still work. Apps that protect other apps are usually pretty shoddy and can be disabled easily. If you are worried about other people using or finding out that you have such an app, perhaps you should consider taking rational steps in keeping your phone for your own use.

Either way, I would prefer (as a paying customer) that Ponury focus on 'utility' and developing new features that are specific to the app rather than adding things that other apps can already do themselves. There's already been talk over this sort of thing.
Zeptinune

Return to Requests