It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:29 pm Advanced search

Some small 'easy' feature requests:

Here you could request a feature you would like to see in FaceNiff

Some small 'easy' feature requests:

Postby Zeptinune » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:30 am

1. Having 50+ saved sessions takes forever to delete one-by-one. Also in my opinion it slows the start-up of the app. So the option to either press, hold and delete multiple previous sessions or just; 'Delete all' would be great.

2. Please allow us to set a 'sound notification' when a new session is captured. Vibration on most devices is pretty 'weak' and easy to miss if I am listening to Music at the same time etc.

3. Also would it be too much to ask if you added more services?
Ironically enough I can't think of any that I would want added but the more the merrier.

4. Continuous capturing. - Sometimes when capturing sessions the app just stops working and says 'Service stopped'. This is probably due to a semi-weak signal. But would it be possible to make the service persistent until turned off? So even if the signal drops out for a moment, the entire service is not stopped and will instead continue to wait/listen for Wifi to come back and then resume capturing. Even if it took additional resources, just make it an 'optional' feature that one can enable/disable.

5. Timestamps - This one should be easy. A system timestamp next to when each session was captured. This would be so super incredibly useful and probably very easy to add.

6. Holo theme would be cool, but personally I don't care. I'd prefer bugfixes and stability/features over style.

7. I think you should add a disclaimer for 'first run' just to tie in properly with legal proceedings and add a layer of security to protect yourself. Some sort of compulsory acceptance before using. If the user says no, the app is closed.

8. Update checker. It would be cool if we could somehow check for updates within the app or if you included a quick button/link that sends the user to the latest version page so they can check manually themselves every-so-often. There is also a Website button but yeah it requires some messing around to see if updates are available. The Wifi-Kill Downloader app is an awesome idea.

9. Add the version number somewhere on the app. Like in the top corner. I always forget what version I have.

10. Continuous scanning animation whilst app is open. I am always unsure if, even though the app says that it is 'On' if it really is scanning or not. Because like I mentioned in point 4, sometimes the signal drops out and I have no connection but instead the still reports 'On'. Having a persistent check or something to notify the user that the connection was lost (but still keep the app running waiting for a reconnect) would be so good.

Options 1, 2, 5, 7, 8, & 9 should be really relatively easy to implement and would make the app much more useful! Whilst 3, 4 and 6 aren't all that important.

Hopefully I have given you a few good ideas and I am sure some of these like I said, would be really easy to add. Then Faceniff would really look like a swiss-army knife of sorts. :p
Zeptinune

Re: Some small 'easy' feature requests:

Postby matthew444 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:48 pm

I would say thats pretty accurate list of features to add to make the app perfect (and also to convince me and other folks to pay for the app and/or donate a lot more money :)
matthew444

Postby ponury » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Zeptinune wrote:1. Having 50+ saved sessions takes forever to delete one-by-one. Also in my opinion it slows the start-up of the app. So the option to either press, hold and delete multiple previous sessions or just; 'Delete all' would be great.

Thanks for that. Actually until I figure out how to get paid for this app I am not going to work on it. I have also TouchControl that gives me money and a bit more fun nowadays. Paypal is not an option for now so I just don't know how to sell this :(
If I ever find a way I will rewrite the code with the latest SDK and fix a lot of bugs. If that happens I'll certainly take a look at this list of requests :)
ponury

Postby Zeptinune » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:23 am

Does that mean that you've pretty much ceased development on both Faceniff and Wifi-kill? Have you tried putting the demo apps on the F-Droid market?

What about bit-coins?
Zeptinune

Postby ponury » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:08 am

Zeptinune wrote:Does that mean that you've pretty much ceased development on both Faceniff and Wifi-kill? Have you tried putting the demo apps on the F-Droid market?

What about bit-coins?

Bitcoins are great but unfortunately they are still quite "difficult" for a normal user. For now I'm looking into ways to get funded. If I ever find out a way to do it I will probably restart these apps. Same will happen if they won't suit my needs or I'll want something more from them.
ponury

Postby ChrisM0678 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:38 pm

I recently purchased the app via PayPal, does this mean you're now able to accept payments and therefore work on the above features?
ChrisM0678

Return to Requests