It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:12 pm Advanced search

Combine Faceniff and Wi-Fi Kill?

Here you could request a feature you would like to see in FaceNiff

Combine Faceniff and Wi-Fi Kill?

Postby lopansarmy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:31 am

I think the subject makes this post pretty self-explanatory, but I was wondering if you could combine the Faceniff and Wi-Fi Kill to create the ultimate web-sniffing application. And if you can, which I'm pretty sure you can, will you do it?
lopansarmy

Re: Combine Faceniff and Wi-Fi Kill?

Postby ponury » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:09 am

lopansarmy wrote:I think the subject makes this post pretty self-explanatory, but I was wondering if you could combine the Faceniff and Wi-Fi Kill to create the ultimate web-sniffing application. And if you can, which I'm pretty sure you can, will you do it?

I don't like apps that combine everything. First of all this might bring a lot of bugs and will slow down already slow development process. Furthermore I would much more like the app designed specifically for one task then the one that has a lot of submenus, actions and gestures and buttons and everything. Usability suffers most of the time.
ponury

Postby lopansarmy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:12 pm

Okay, thank you for the great apps anyways. I'm glad you could provide reasonable price explanations for why you won't combine your apps.
lopansarmy

Postby Zeptinune » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Seriously if you cannot see the usefulness of the kind of apps that Ponury makes then you really should have just bought an iPhone and enjoyed la-la land with the rest of the apple users. The prices asked from Ponury for apps like this are absolutely nothing considering the huge amount of time that he takes out of his personal life and work to develop these things for people that he doesn't even know. It's thanks to guys like him that Android holds a place beside other platforms and continues to provide a good alternative to other platforms.

At the moment Wifikill and Faceniff are (as far as I know) both $5... I am sure there are at least 100 more useless things that you would have spent your money on in the past... I make $5 in about 5 minutes worth of work.. is that really that much to ask from YOUR time, considering the amount of time he spends on writing and maintaining these apps?

Consider what you are buying...
1. Apps that are both intuitive and work well, and provide you features right in the palm of your hand that you had probably never thought possible.
2. Continued support and updates in the future, where applicable.
3. Putting something positive and constructive into something that is awesome and helpful.

Donating is a fair choice for an app this good. If you don't want to donate you can use the trial versions that have ads and/or time/usage limits. You're already given the option to try the apps out to see that they work and what they are capable of. It's not like you're having a blindfold tied around your head and you're forced to make a decision based on nothing.

The fact that most devs who make silly mobile games, and then charge for items and etc. in-game which can run a person easily over $20, and Ponury is asking for pretty much what a packet of smokes costs in the EU, or a good coffee from an expensive store is nothing.

I bought Faceniff 3 times and Wifi-Kill 1 time. Once for my phone on the old version. Once for my phone on the new version and once for my wife's phone on the new version. Even though she will never use it.

As someone who is trying to develop his own apps as well, I can only imagine how hard it must be to write something that has practically never been done before from the ground up.

For that, I am more than happy to buy the man a couple of beers. If anything it helps me sleep at night. I will never understand how people, after buying a 500€ phone, are so hesitant to spend $5 on something they get to keep forever...

I don't want these apps combined, and I doubt that it has anything to do with donations or pricing issues, simply because I want 2 separate apps for 2 separate things. There is absolutely no rationale upside to combining them, or downside to having them separate. If anything I know better when one has been updated and the other hasn't. It lets me progressively track updates and features.
Zeptinune

Postby lopansarmy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:21 pm

I did not mean for this to be insulting in any way at all. I use both apps on a daily basis and I love Android for this reason. I argue daily about why Android is better. I didn't need a rant explaining why my request was not met. I completely understan . And I can live with two different apps, especially when they work as well as they do. Sorry if anything came off the wrong way.
Long live, ponury! Keep up the good work!
lopansarmy

Return to Requests