It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:57 pm Advanced search

F.A.Q - Read This First!

Ask for help, look for common problems and read Frequently Asked Questions!

F.A.Q - Read This First!

Postby ponury » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:01 am

Frequently Asked Questions:[FAQ]

1. I reflashed/wiped/switched ROM and my code(Key) won't work anymore :(
    - Update: Please check new release (2.0) that use constant keys

2. How can I buy FaceNiff?
    - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6

3. How can I import sessions?
    - copy them to your sd card in faceniff directory and press "import" in options menu
  4. FaceNiff is not working
    -First off, Your phone MUST BE ROOTED in order for FaceNiff to work. Second, check around the help section to see if there is a fix for your problem before contacting the Developer.
  5. FaceNiff says that I'm not rooted
    -Your phone MUST BE ROOTED (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooting_(Android_OS)), really if you don't know what this is then it won't work until you root your phone. Check google for the instructions on how to root your phone.
  6. Will you make it for iPhone?
    - I don't have an iPhone, also I'm not sure iOS allows lowlevel access to system.
    Update: Actually it's at least not easy. Unless someone will point me to a document describing creating raw sockets on iOS I won't try coding it. (If you are willing to donate some iOS device I'm willing to try :D)
  7. Will the key remain the same for new versions
    - Yes, but it will change when you change device
  8. How do I View Profiles From PC
    - Run app in the same network the PC is (it must be online)
    And then if you want to log into sniffed facebook account go to http://facebook.com:8080/ and it will show you sniffed facebook profiles. For twitter it would be http://twitter.com:8080/ you get the idea.
  9. I am experiencing Force Closes(FC)
    - There are a few devices that are experiencing Force Closes. Working on fixing the bugs as soon as possible. You can help by sending CatLogs as soon as the FC happens.
  10. What is stealth mode
    - Some routers try to prevent the attack when they see spoofed ARP that is sent to broadcast. Stealth mode attacks every computer in network one by one. It's slower, but routers mostly ignore this. If you encounter problems with network or don't see any profiles popping up - use Stealth mode it might help
  11. What is online/offline mode
    - Once you hijack profile you don't have to be on the same network to log into that profiles. You can even use your mobile network connection to do this. So when you don't want to sniff new profiles (while at home probably) you can use offline mode to browse profiles.
  12. I am able to grab Session ID's but when it goes to browser, a login screen is shown (or I see my own profile)
    -In browser hit your Menu key, choose the "More" option, then select Settings. Scroll down some, and select User Agent, Change it to Desktop or IE6. Or try Dolphin Browser with User Agent set to "Desktop".
  13. My friend logged into Facebook on his phone via Wifi but his Session ID didn't show up
    -You cannot grab Session ID's from Phones connect to Wifi, The phone encrypts it's connection.
  14. Is it possible to sniff sessions without being connected to any network
    -No, you must be connected to a Wifi network.
ponury

Re: F.A.Q - Read This First!

Postby sturmen » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:06 pm

So, does Stealth Mode make it undetectable? Because I was using FaceNiff (normal mode) about a month ago on my school WiFi to prank a friend, and then the school sent me a warning letter.
sturmen

Postby ponury » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:18 pm

sturmen wrote:So, does Stealth Mode make it undetectable? Because I was using FaceNiff (normal mode) about a month ago on my school WiFi to prank a friend, and then the school sent me a warning letter.

It might... but it's not like making you invisible. In some situations it will not trigger the alarm in some it will.
ponury

Postby atomriot » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:32 pm

ponury wrote:Frequently Asked Questions:[FAQ]

[*]Will you make it for iPhone?
- I don't have an iPhone, also I'm not sure iOS allows lowlevel access to system.
Update: Actually it's at least not easy. Unless someone will point me to a document describing creating raw sockets on iOS I won't try coding it. (If you are willing to donate some iOS device I'm willing to try :D)

I have not used it but the CocoaAsynSocket library is said to provide some low level stuff. I have just used socket.h for providing raw data to devices at a specific IP and port.

here is some basic socket that can be used for iphone.
testSocket.h
Code: Select all
#import <CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <arpa/inet.h>
#include <netdb.h>

int socketOpen(int some_port, const char *some_ip);
int socketTx(int s, const char *buf);
int socketRx(int s, char *buffer);
int socketClose(int s);

testSocket.c
#include "testSocket.h"
static struct sockaddr_in socketSin = {0};
static int socketS = 0;
int socketOpen(int some_port, const char *some_ip){
    socketSin.sin_addr.s_addr = inet_addr(some_ip);
    socketSin.sin_family = AF_INET;
    socketSin.sin_port = htons(some_port);
    socketS = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0);
    int rc = connect(socketS, (struct sockaddr *) & socketSin, sizeof(socketSin));
    return socketS;
}
int socketTx(int s, const char *buf){
    if(buf!= NULL){
        if (0 == s) {
            return -1;
        }
        int sentCount = send (s, buf, strlen(buf), 0);
    }else{
        printf("**Buffer is NULL**");
    }
    return 0;
}
int socketRx(int s, char *buffer){
    int rc = 0;
    if (0 != s) {
        for (int ix = 0; ix < sizeof(buffer); ix++)
            buffer[ix] = 0;
        rc = recv(s, buffer, sizeof(buffer)-1, 0);
    } else {
        rc = -1;
    }
    return rc;
}
int socketClose(int s){
    if (0 != s) {
        return close(s);
        socketS = 0;
    } else {
        return -1;
    }
}
atomriot

Postby ponury » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:27 pm

That's just a simple stream socket. What I need is RAW socket:
socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_RAW)
ponury

Postby xHatred » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:09 am

xHatred

Postby khallali » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:26 pm

If there's an offline mode, why does the app needs to be "started" when I try to log on an account I already hijacked in offline mode?
khallali

Postby Neozy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:53 am

e to browse " 12. I am able to grab Session ID's but when it goes to browser, a login screen is shown (or I see my own profile) -In browser hit your Menu key, choose the "More" option, then select Settings. Scroll down some, and select User Agent, Change it to Desktop or IE6. Or try Dolphin Browser with User Agent set to "Desktop"."

This is my problem, I can load my own just fine but the two other profiles just bring me to a log in screen.

I have no "user agents" in settings menu via facesniff->browser-> settings. I can however choose the browser I want when I click on a.vc session, but still have login screen via dolphin-desktop mode. If I get this working, I'm a costumer.
Neozy

Postby ponury » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:22 pm

khallali wrote:If there's an offline mode, why does the app needs to be "started" when I try to log on an account I already hijacked in offline mode?

It's because it has to fill up the iptables rules. And there is an offline mode so you could use that profiles while on 3g or when you don't want to kill the network you're currently in.

Neozy wrote:e to browse " 12. I am able to grab Session ID's but when it goes to browser, a login screen is shown (or I see my own profile) -In browser hit your Menu key, choose the "More" option, then select Settings. Scroll down some, and select User Agent, Change it to Desktop or IE6. Or try Dolphin Browser with User Agent set to "Desktop"."

This is my problem, I can load my own just fine but the two other profiles just bring me to a log in screen.

I have no "user agents" in settings menu via facesniff->browser-> settings. I can however choose the browser I want when I click on a.vc session, but still have login screen via dolphin-desktop mode. If I get this working, I'm a costumer.

Maybe these profiles expired? Try to get a fresh ones and use dolphin by default.
ponury

Postby Flow » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Does Faceniff obtain passwords from iphone users on the same network or only people using andriod?
Flow

Next

Return to Help + FAQ