It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:19 pm Advanced search

FaceNiff 2.x FINAL release thread

Ask for help, look for common problems and read Frequently Asked Questions!

Re: FaceNiff 2.0 FINAL release thread

Postby rawr » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Purchased. Thank you for offering paypal
rawr

Postby ponury » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:03 pm

There was a bug which prevented from accessing profiles (page not found, Time out's and so on). If it happened to you please uninstall the app (necessary) re-download the apk again! And install from newly downloaded file.
ponury

Postby Rosa Elefant » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:38 am

Awww I know you hate me. Once I am busy with real life you push out 2.0 final. Whoa.

Thanks!
Rosa Elefant

Postby thunder_bolt » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:42 am

ponury wrote:There was a bug which prevented from accessing profiles (page not found, Time out's and so on). If it happened to you please uninstall the app (necessary) re-download the apk again! And install from newly downloaded file.

Version 2.2 works a charm. Thanks Ponury, keep up the good work. Loving the password feature by the way :lol:
thunder_bolt

Postby rawr » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:54 am

How does that work? I dont seem to notice a difference between SSL strip on or off

Nevermind just worked.... SWEET!
rawr

Postby prueba123 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:13 pm

force closes when scan..
prueba123

Postby psycon » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:59 pm

please release an uncrippled version (partial facebook password). I refuse to pay for crippled software.. honestly, now i would rather wait for someone to crack your app and hope they can uncripple it.

on the other hand if a actual full version were relased id gladly pay for it today even knowing i can do this all for free with sslstrip and ettercap even from a droid. your app does make it a lot easier and i would like to support your hard work.
psycon

Postby ponury » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:22 pm

psycon wrote:please release an uncrippled version (partial facebook password). I refuse to pay for crippled software.. honestly, now i would rather wait for someone to crack your app and hope they can uncripple it.

on the other hand if a actual full version were relased id gladly pay for it today even knowing i can do this all for free with sslstrip and ettercap even from a droid. your app does make it a lot easier and i would like to support your hard work.

Then support my work. Or don't and there will be no more releases. I want this to be a PoC code not another script-kiddie must-have app. And saying here that you wait for a cracked version is at least rude.
ponury

Re: FaceNiff 2.x FINAL release thread

Postby psycon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:57 am

my intent was not to be rude. I know that in order for apps like this to exist people must support them by buying the app. i want to support you, but to me it makes sense to pay 5 bucks for an app that is only a proof, and provides nothing useful...

I agree that script kiddies will have a field day with this, but would that not generate more purchases for you... and if such an easy to use/portable app existed, it would force companies such as facebook to build a better defence to MiTM attacks such as this.

If this acutally decoded the passwords it would allow me to pentest clients networks without hauling my laptop around, or fiddling with a command shell on my phone...

this app is really nothing new as far as its capabilites, but it does make the process a hell of a lot easier from a portable device.

at the end of the day its your call of course, i just think you will get more purchases if it was not crippled, and dont think you should cripple the app just because of what some kiddies may or may not do.

again, i hope i did not offend you as that was not my intent.
psycon

Re: FaceNiff 2.x FINAL release thread

Postby ponury » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:37 am

psycon wrote:my intent was not to be rude. I know that in order for apps like this to exist people must support them by buying the app. i want to support you, but to me it makes sense to pay 5 bucks for an app that is only a proof, and provides nothing useful...

I agree that script kiddies will have a field day with this, but would that not generate more purchases for you... and if such an easy to use/portable app existed, it would force companies such as facebook to build a better defence to MiTM attacks such as this.

If this acutally decoded the passwords it would allow me to pentest clients networks without hauling my laptop around, or fiddling with a command shell on my phone...

this app is really nothing new as far as its capabilites, but it does make the process a hell of a lot easier from a portable device.

at the end of the day its your call of course, i just think you will get more purchases if it was not crippled, and dont think you should cripple the app just because of what some kiddies may or may not do.

again, i hope i did not offend you as that was not my intent.

It's not always about me getting more purchases. I just don't want to be held responsible for chaos that it might bring.
ponury

PreviousNext

Return to Help + FAQ