Facebook-App

Ask for help, look for common problems and read Frequently Asked Questions!
TheKid2010

Facebook-App

Post by TheKid2010 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi there;

is it possible to sniff the Facebook-App for Android with faceniff. It`s very important for me to know that, because i´ve bought 2 Keys for your app.

Best regards
TheKid2010

TheKid2010

Re: Facebook-App

Post by TheKid2010 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Sorry for that,

once again, if it is not possible to sniff the Facebook-App with your App, do you know any App where i can sniff the Facebook App?!

Best regards
TheKid2010

ponury

Post by ponury » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:29 am

No, it only works for browser version. And I don't think there are any apps that would allow sniffing the facebook app.

italoayres

Post by italoayres » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Actualy, in the first time i tried the Faceniff, i got a session from a smartphone with android. a motorola device android version 2.1 . Later i tried again on another devices but with newer android versions this time, and cant hijack them. So i think that coud possibily work on some old devices. I'll test it again to confirm my theory.
thank you for this app dude, it helped me a lot.
Sorry my poor english.. Im brasilian by the way.

ponury

Post by ponury » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:23 pm

italoayres wrote:Actualy, in the first time i tried the Faceniff, i got a session from a smartphone with android. a motorola device android version 2.1 . Later i tried again on another devices but with newer android versions this time, and cant hijack them. So i think that coud possibily work on some old devices. I'll test it again to confirm my theory.
thank you for this app dude, it helped me a lot.
Sorry my poor english.. Im brasilian by the way.
Old facebook app didn't use ssl which made it vulnerable to this attack.

Zeptinune

Post by Zeptinune » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:36 am

You can get sessions from phones but they actually have to log in. Not just open the app on the phone and be logged in automatically. Also depending on the phone, the data stream is encrypted which also adds another problem.

I have gotten people on phones before but only when they logged in at that exact instant.

villagrana65

Post by villagrana65 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:42 am

i have been able to hijack sessions when they open their app.. It's hit and Miss with the iPhone but I can get it everytime with the HTC one x bran