It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 8:51 am Advanced search

FaceNiff doesn't work

Ask for help, look for common problems and read Frequently Asked Questions!

Re: FaceNiff doesn't work

Postby ponury » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:00 pm

I really don't know what's wrong. If you manage to get some logs it might help.
ponury

Postby xpoiled7 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:35 am

I got it working on a person using iphone! But there's a problem. It can't scan if the person is using a facebook app (not a browser).
And another problem is when I try to scan the person using operamini (nokia phone), it can't too.

Never tried it on a person using a pc though.
xpoiled7

Postby ponury » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:24 pm

xpoiled7 wrote:I got it working on a person using iphone! But there's a problem. It can't scan if the person is using a facebook app (not a browser).
And another problem is when I try to scan the person using operamini (nokia phone), it can't too.

Never tried it on a person using a pc though.

It won't work when user visits facebook from the app.
ponury

Postby goldfingerz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:08 pm

I have the problem that my phone shows me file not found 1b1. What can I do?
goldfingerz

Postby Blackllama » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:45 am

Well I've tried the full version of faceniff on my phone, and it can't pick up any profiles with ssl. I turned off ssl on facebook and my browser and it works, but when I turn it back on, on the web browser, and turn on ssl strip on faceniff, nothing comes up. It's online, and I've tried using stealth mode as well.

I've used wifikill in the past, and that may have screwed up my iptables. Do you think that's the problem? Know of any ways to fix it?

Blackllama

Postby ponury » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Blackllama wrote:Well I've tried the full version of faceniff on my phone, and it can't pick up any profiles with ssl. I turned off ssl on facebook and my browser and it works, but when I turn it back on, on the web browser, and turn on ssl strip on faceniff, nothing comes up. It's online, and I've tried using stealth mode as well.

I've used wifikill in the past, and that may have screwed up my iptables. Do you think that's the problem? Know of any ways to fix it?

Have you read this?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61
ponury

Postby flowflow » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi...
I have the unlocked app now, but i can't connect to the found profiles. i tried it with a friend of mine who is not using https, he is online and i can see his account on my phone, but when i try to take his account i just get the login screen with my account data in it o.O i was reading something about Options -> User ..... but i don't have some option "user" on my phone...it's a Samsung Galaxy Ace if that helps =)

EDIT:
Downloaded Dolphin Browser on my phone now...pressed "Menu Button" -> went to "Toolbox" -> "User Agent" -> changed it from "Android" to "Desktop" ... IT WORKS! I just have to tell my phone to use dolphin instead of the normal browser everytime, but with dolphin i can connect to the accounts =)

Thank you very much for this App. =)
flowflow

Postby jieran » Wed May 02, 2012 9:05 am

I'm just wondering, why do these kind of app doesn't work on my phone (xperia ray,stock rom)?
I also tried other app like droidsheep but it doesn't work too.
But I have tried wifikill and it worked.
jieran

Postby Raydignuout » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:18 am

Im using an huawei ascend 2 and I dont know what Im doing wrong. I tried to scan my own profile and nothing came up. I also cant get to the settings to change what site I wanna sniff. Please help. Ray
Raydignuout

Postby nasrin43 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:44 pm

lawyer wrote:Recently, we have been asked by some people about this issue, so I am going to post the most common causes of why it happens. Hope the following helps.
Note: this only applies if no error is reported!

• you have used your free 3 profiles limit in the past and now the app locked itself
    - go buy a full version

• you are using SSL (https) or you have a plugin that enforces this
    - try different browser

• you have some sort of firewall/antivirus (eset antivirus?)
    - disable/uninstall the firewall

• your network is secured (routers does not propagate false arp reply's)
    - try using stealth mode or check if it works on other networks

• you executed WiFiKIll or other similar software which modifies iptables
    - do not do this

Thanks for the post.it's a great one.I am also looking for solution and got it. :D
nasrin43

PreviousNext

Return to Help + FAQ